PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 2 sluggish mouse

freest82
February 25th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I just installed Fallout 2 using WINE, and it isntalled perfectly. Everything about the game runs fine, except for the mouse. When I'm in the main menu, or I open the inventory. character screen etc, the mouse is at normal speed. But when I'm controlling the character, the mouse is so slow. And I think the fps also goes down too. Can anyone help with improving mouse speed.

NOTE: I think the slow down may be due to the fact that WINE is trying to run the game in 8 bit when it cant. That's what it says in the terminal when I close the game.

BTW Fallout Tactics runs perfectly fine, no slowdowns.

Melcar
February 25th, 2008, 06:10 PM
I noticed that too back when I was playing the game. Never found a solution to it.

xen
April 28th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Any news on this topic? I'm experiencing exactly the same problem with Fallout 1. Mouse in all menus is fine, except when controlling character in game it is sluggish and so is the game speed. I have tried messing with the 'nice' value to no effect.

Vel1971
April 28th, 2008, 10:27 PM
There is a work around on this page (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=319). However I have not tried it so I don't know how well it works. If I get around to playing the Fallout games again I guess I will find out. It is about half way down the page. Hope this helps.

mentormatt8
August 26th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I, too had sluggish mouse, for the second time this week. I found a solution here (http://annoyances-resolved.blogspot.com/2010/08/sluggish-mouse-on-vista-model-3000-by.html) but it requires me to put my laptop to sleep. Does any one know of a faster solution. I have Microsoft IntelliMouse, Wireless, mod. 3000. Thanks!

Ziskille
January 25th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Hey there, I'm actually having alot of probs wine FO Tactics, sluggish mouse, and I have to run it at minimum graphics!! Which is crazy because my PC is about 10/13 years newer than the game, I ran it perfectly in %^&$%^$% (windows) lol so I assume it a wine problem.. Also for some reason when the latest driver for my nvida 5700FX LE(173)does not work with fallout tactics, when I start the game my screen goes black and the monitor reports a problem with hertz and requires reboot! Any ideas??? Thanx!