PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] I just make thread in Tutorials & Tips section, and forget to include someth

Milk & Toast & Honey
February 22nd, 2008, 05:28 PM
Hi,

I just posted a script in the Tutorial & Tips, with title "[SCRIPT] Easily (un)mounting ISO to desktop without sudo" couple minutes ago, and I forget to include the "Uninstallation" steps for my script.

Can I edit it somehow or should I post a new thread? Because currently my thread isn't showing up yet and I don't know whether it's refused or not yet checked by the forums staff.

Additionally, if my post isn't approved, can I know the reason why my Tips isn't approved?

Thank you.

LaRoza
February 22nd, 2008, 05:31 PM
Hi,

I just posted a script in the Tutorial & Tips, with title "[SCRIPT] Easily (un)mounting ISO to desktop without sudo" couple minutes ago, and I forget to include the "Uninstallation" steps for my script.

Can I edit it somehow or should I post a new thread? Because currently my thread isn't showing up yet and I don't know whether it's refused or not yet checked by the forums staff.

Additionally, if my post isn't approved, can I know the reason why my Tips isn't approved?

Thank you.

I don't really do the Tutorials and Tips approvals, but it takes time. The moderators that do handle such things (whoever they are) will have to look in the moderation queue and read it. Give it some time. As for the editing, I don't know really. I will look into it (you can of course wait for approval then edit)

<edit>
If you post it here, I can add it to the thread for you.
</edit>

Milk & Toast & Honey
February 22nd, 2008, 05:40 PM
Thank you for looking into it LaRoza,

I'm afraid if my script refusal is because I'm not including the uninstallation steps, so I won't have the chance for editing it :)

p_quarles
February 22nd, 2008, 05:42 PM
Thank you for looking into it LaRoza,

I'm afraid if my script refusal is because I'm not including the uninstallation steps, so I won't have the chance for editing it :)
If your tutorial just needs a minor fix, a moderator will contact you about it. If it's not approved, it won't be deleted, but rather moved to another area of the forum.

So, don't worry: you'll get a chance to fix it.

Milk & Toast & Honey
February 22nd, 2008, 05:47 PM
If your tutorial just needs a minor fix, a moderator will contact you about it. If it's not approved, it won't be deleted, but rather moved to another area of the forum.

So, don't worry: you'll get a chance to fix it.

Ah, it's good to know that. Thank you for clarifying this.

Milk & Toast & Honey
February 23rd, 2008, 04:03 AM
LaRoza, p_quarles,

My thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=704350) has been approved, thank you for your guidance.