PDA

View Full Version : WoW install problems

D-Rick86
February 22nd, 2008, 02:50 AM
Hello everyone!

I am trying to get WoW on my laptop that now has Ubuntu 7.10 on it. I read a few guides online and the one that seemed most fool proof was copying the data off the CD's and then running the installer. Well, I did that, right clicked on the "Installer.exe" icon and opened it with WINE. Everything seemed to be going ok, but now it seems to be locked up in the install at "wmo.MPQ"

Is there something I am missing or an alternate way of doing this? I tried to do it through the terminal, but I couldn't get the path-to-directory correct. I just saved all the files in a folder on my desktop named "wow_install" Can anyone help out a Linux noobie?

nosto
February 29th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Welcome to ubuntu~ I am new to the scene as well but I typically dive into things pretty headstrong to understand them.

You're not alone having issues trying to get wow running into linux. I would suggest going to this post http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=579378

Helpful information to post would be what version of wine you are running, some of your wine settings. your hardware configuration and several others. You will find that most of your questions are both asked and answered via the above mentioned post.

Cheers!
nosto