PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Thanks and Thanked?

stevet73
February 19th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Please define the "Thanks" and "Thanked" listings in user profiles. How do I "Thank" someone so they get credit for helping?
THANKS

yabbadabbadont
February 19th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Click the Gold (yellow) star with the blue ribbon next to the ">QUOTE" button on the post you wish to thank.

Faud
February 19th, 2008, 02:27 AM
To give someone thanks for something that they have posted click on the ribbon on the bottom right.
The "thanked" is how many times that a person has been thanked for what they have posted in the forums

JoshuaRL
February 19th, 2008, 02:36 AM
And when it says Thanks above that, it's how many times you've thanked someone personally.

pmasiar
February 19th, 2008, 04:28 AM
yet another post which confirmed bad discoverability of this feature as I posted previously.

LaRoza
February 19th, 2008, 05:39 AM
yet another post which confirmed bad discoverability of this feature as I posted previously.

There are many posts on it.

It isn't finished, it will surely be refined after its implemented.

steveneddy
February 19th, 2008, 06:23 AM
There are many posts on it.

It isn't finished, it will surely be refined after its implemented.

Thanks for clearing that up.

popch
February 19th, 2008, 08:42 AM

I do not disagree about discoverability of the thanking function. It could be and presumably will be improved.

However, threads about the functions are frightfullly easy to discover, even if the function itself is not. Trying to start a new thread with 'thanking' and 'thanks' in the title will bring up a list of five existing threads, three of which are about this very topic. (Did so just two minutes ago).

This indicates that the presence of this thread is not (only) due to poor discoverability of the thanking function. It appears also to be due to the OP ignoring very broad hints.

yabbadabbadont
February 19th, 2008, 09:55 AM
It would appear that there has been an excessive amount of "thanking" going on in this thread. I suppose I would be tarred and feathered if I suggested to a mod that the various thanks be removed.... or the entire thread for that matter. ;)

What do you think LaRoza?

LaRoza
February 19th, 2008, 10:01 AM
It would appear that there has been an excessive amount of "thanking" going on in this thread. I suppose I would be tarred and feathered if I suggested to a mod that the various thanks be removed.... or the entire thread for that matter. ;)

What do you think LaRoza?

I agree with you. Every thread that asks about the "Thanks" features seems to invite a test drive of the feature to excess.

KiwiNZ
February 20th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Thread closed:mad: