PDA

View Full Version : How many points until you are banned?

steveneddy
February 18th, 2008, 04:37 AM
How many points must one accumulate until one is banned from the Ubuntu Forums?

p_quarles
February 18th, 2008, 04:40 AM
A user with 10 points will be on moderation, meaning that their posts need to be approved by staff before they are visible to other users. 15 points bans the account's use.

hhhhhx
February 18th, 2008, 04:47 AM
A user with 10 points will be on moderation, meaning that their posts need to be approved by staff before they are visible to other users. 15 points bans the account's use.
does the 15 point expire?

steveneddy
February 18th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Well - I received one, it expired, and now it says I have two.

What's up with that?

If one expires, then I should be back to one? Right?

That's the way my math works.

These rules aren't exactly spelled out anywhere that I could find.

Could you give the link to the web page that has these rules about points and banning, and expiring points while we are at it, so that we could all have a better understanding of what we are dealing with here?

Do I get beans for posting here?

KiwiNZ
February 18th, 2008, 04:54 AM
From the Forum FAQ

What is an infraction? How do infractions work? Do they ever expire? When someone posts in a way that violates the Forums Policy (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy) staff have the ability to issue infractions or warnings. In either case the offending party is notified by private message what the problem was. If an infraction is issued it will have a point value attached to it as well as an expiration date. If 10 unexpired points are accumulated by a user then all his posts must be reviewed by a staff member before becoming visible to other users. If 15 are accumulated the user is suspended until they expire and may be banned. The staff have some leeway in assigning a point value to infractions or whether a warning is better suited to the issue at hand. In the case of a dispute between a user and a staff member the Resolution Center (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123) is the place to go to file a grievance.

The FAQ is located here http://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=48

hhhhhx
February 18th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Thank you, KiwiNZ :)

steveneddy
February 18th, 2008, 05:02 AM
So this

So instead of posting to help you fix the problem, possible helping someone else with the same problem, you gave up and abandoned your thread.

Why did you post in the first place?

To whine to everyone and try to get more attention?

Some people were actually trying to help you, and I actually had a repair that some are missing but is a suspect in some cases, so I read through the entire thread only to see that you jump ship and abandon the cause that you posted for in the first place, only to see that you were only a lonely whiner that was only looking for some more attention.

Go whine in the SUSE forums.

Don't forget to take your Windows with you, fan boy.

is bad enough for two never expiring points?

Give me a break!

I may agree with one expiring point, but two never expiring?

hhhhhx
February 18th, 2008, 05:06 AM
So this....
did a mod say that?

steveneddy
February 18th, 2008, 05:10 AM
did a mod say that?

It was in my PM from LaRoza

I guess we have to go to the attached pic.

The one from Jan 8 expired - but the latest one says two points and never expires.

Never? Ever?

I want all to understand that I am not trying to cause problems here regarding this issue, I just would like a little moderation.

What you are saying is that calling someone a "fan boy" gets the same infraction as using the "N" word or saying something regarding religion or race.

What if someone used profanity? How many points for that?

p_quarles
February 18th, 2008, 05:11 AM
I may agree with one expiring point, but two never expiring?
Please read KiwiNZ's last post again. It contains instructions for contesting an infraction. This is not the correct place.

did a mod say that?
No.

hhhhhx
February 18th, 2008, 05:13 AM

p_quarles
February 18th, 2008, 05:14 AM
that actually seems kind of harsh for a mod(no offense intended).
It wasn't posted by a moderator.

hhhhhx
February 18th, 2008, 05:16 AM
It wasn't posted by a moderator.
ssry, i posted too slow.

steveneddy
February 18th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Please read KiwiNZ's last post again. It contains instructions for contesting an infraction. This is not the correct place.

I'm not contesting, but I will follow forum guidelines regarding this matter.

KiwiNZ
February 18th, 2008, 05:27 AM
I'm not contesting, but I will follow forum guidelines regarding this matter.

Please feel free to bring this to the Resolution Centre , It is your right to do so and it will not be held against you if you do.

We are human and can make mistakes and it is healthy that staff are challenged by members if its done in the correct way and polite.

steveneddy
February 18th, 2008, 05:35 AM
We may close this thread as the issue has been moved to another thread.

Thank you for your time.

p_quarles
February 18th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Thread closed at user's request.