PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new PDA Phone

wersdaluv
February 18th, 2008, 02:01 AM
I'm looking for a new PDA. I was so into Treos until I found out that they're not as cheap as I expected. They're overpriced for the specs. My dad can give me his P990i for free but it's a year old already and there are compatibility problems.

I was looking at the Lifedrive. Yes, it's cheaper but I will still have to buy a separate phone.

I don't know what to buy!!! Hehehe. Any suggestion? :)

:KS

Endolith
May 14th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I'd also like to know a good PDA phone that integrates well with Ubuntu. I bought a T-Mobile MDA not too long ago, and Windows Mobile is really mind-blowingly horrible. I guess that's what happens when you have a monopoly...

jepong
May 15th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I'm using SE P990i right now... so far i have no issues with Ubuntu since I'm able to access my memory card connected via USB. What I haven't tried yet is to use the mobile as a modem but I read somewhere that it is possible with Ubuntu.

I have a Ubuntu brainstorm entry for this:
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/3446/

wersdaluv
May 15th, 2008, 04:18 AM
I already have a P990i. I'm transferring files using the usb connector or my memory stick reader but I can't sync PIM data. I don't like it that way. hehe. The good thing is that, I can sync my P990i with scheduleworld.com by going online with my phone via my wireless router.

rhh1959
November 23rd, 2008, 03:09 PM
Hi,

Can you synchronise your se 990i address book and calendar?

wersdaluv
November 23rd, 2008, 03:35 PM
Hi,

Can you synchronise your se 990i address book and calendar?
Nope :( I just sync them with MS Outlook on my Windows on Virtualbox.

rhh1959
November 23rd, 2008, 04:12 PM
Ohh! I was afraid you where going to say that, it is all a bit of a hassle. Thanks anyway.

timjohn7
November 23rd, 2008, 04:27 PM
P990i and P1 sync no problem using KMobiletools (its in the repos). Also, why not use SyncML for syncing? Especially if you are keeping Windows only to sync contacts etc.
I have used Sony Ericsson phones for years, and the P1 still outmatches anything new (WiFi, Bluetooth, Touch screen, Handwriting recognition, 3Mpix Camera, multitasking etc etc etc)
In summary: Go with the P990! or get a P1!

Nessa
November 24th, 2008, 11:24 AM
How about something from RIM. Blackberry's are very handy, IMO.

Script Warlock
November 24th, 2008, 05:09 PM
i'll vote ANDROID PHONE....:KS