PDA

View Full Version : u will be forum administrator when u will have 5.500 messages posted?

syms
February 16th, 2008, 09:26 PM
hi,
i see that admins have super big beans score. the question is : if i will have this super big beans score so then i can be administrator?
thanks of ur help.

skippi90
February 16th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Pretty sure it doesn't work like that. They have high post counts because of the work they do here.

hhhhhx
February 16th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Beens and that coffee cup thing have nothing to do with bieng a mid or admin. Mods/admins are chosen by previous admins

steven8
February 16th, 2008, 09:47 PM
hi,
i see that admins have super big beans score. the question is : if i will have this super big beans score so then i can be administrator?
thanks of ur help.

Nah, but the bill Gates avatar might get you in . . . .:popcorn:

amingv
February 16th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Well, you *can* be, but certainly not because of your bean count.

Having a 5k+ bean count has nothing to do with being admin. Want proof?
http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1

aysiu
February 16th, 2008, 11:08 PM
From the Forum FAQ (http://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=48):
Who/what are admins? Who are the staff of ubuntuforums?

The admins are the people who keep this site up and running. They are the tech gurus that perform all the maintenance and make the forums work. These five people also comprise the Forums Council. We all owe them a debt of gratitude. One of them in particular, ubuntu-geek, is also the chairman of the Forums Council. See the about page for more.

The staff are people who have been chosen to help moderate discussions because of consistently helpful and kind attitudes, a willingness to serve others as demonstrated by their posting history prior to being chosen as staff, and the fact that they happily agreed to do tons of work behind the scenes with very little recognition and absolutely no payment other than having their usernames in red and the ability to put images in their signatures.

You may see a few people hanging around the forums with an "emeritus staff" title. These are former staff. Emeritus means retired or honorably discharged from active professional duty, but retaining the title of one's office or position: like a dean emeritus of a graduate school; or a newspaper editor in chief emeritus. Currently the honorees holding this title include az, nocturn, and taurus. There is no post count quota.