PDA

View Full Version : Who is taking my beans?? !!

stevejesus
February 15th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Wierd... I stopped getting beans 8-10 posts ago... What happened??
:confused::(:mad:

-grubby
February 15th, 2008, 12:47 AM
you only get beans in the support categories

stevejesus
February 15th, 2008, 12:53 AM
ahh...

wieman01
February 15th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Plus you might lose a few if your posts or any of the threads you have posted in is deleted or goes to The Jail.

hyper_ch
February 15th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Plus you might lose a few if your posts or any of the threads you have posted in is deleted or goes to The Jail.

With other words: The mods and admins steal the beans?

wieman01
February 15th, 2008, 01:28 PM
With other words: The mods and admins steal the beans?
They do. :-)

BluePlum
February 15th, 2008, 01:30 PM
They do. :-)

Those monsters...

wieman01
February 15th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Those monsters...
Watch out, they coming to get ya!

LaRoza
February 15th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Watch out, they coming to get ya!

Keeping my eye on beans, I need a few for 6000. Anbody want to "donate"?

wieman01
February 15th, 2008, 05:23 PM
My, given you posting history, you will be there in a few hours. :-)

LaRoza
February 15th, 2008, 06:04 PM
My, given you posting history, you will be there in a few hours. :-)

19 more, I could get that in a few minutes when I am busy.

I have gotten more than 100 on a single day before, but that is when I stayed up all night on the computer.

wieman01
February 15th, 2008, 06:37 PM
19 more, I could get that in a few minutes when I am busy.

I have gotten more than 100 on a single day before, but that is when I stayed up all night on the computer.
Buddy, you really need a LIFE!

17 more...

FuturePilot
February 15th, 2008, 08:46 PM

Anyone willing to donate a coffee cup? :mrgreen:

popch
February 15th, 2008, 08:54 PM

Have some of mine. Just help yourself.

-grubby
February 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Anyone willing to donate a coffee cup? :mrgreen:

/me pretends to donate coffee cup but it's really part of nathangrubb's master plan to get everybody to trust him with there passwords so he cna have ALL the beans in the world!

(jk)

KiwiNZ
February 16th, 2008, 08:21 AM
O the beans

They seem to mean so much or so little

Bean there done that

LaRoza
February 16th, 2008, 08:27 AM
O the beans

They seem to mean so much or so little

Bean there done that

You have a head start, I have only bean here since April 2007.

KiwiNZ
February 16th, 2008, 08:35 AM
you will beanifit for being staff

Presto123
February 16th, 2008, 08:40 AM
See...LaRoza and the other moderators are taking your beans and selling them off for COLD HARD CASH!

But, don't forget the small amount they set aside for their daily coffee.

*Eyeballs LaRoza*

LaRoza
February 16th, 2008, 08:52 AM
See...LaRoza and the other moderators are taking your beans and selling them off for COLD HARD CASH!

But, don't forget the small amount they set aside for their daily coffee.

*Eyeballs LaRoza*

I don't have to take that fresh stuff.

(I never had coffee before actually)

LaRoza
February 16th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I don't have to take that fresh stuff.

(I never had coffee before actually)

Within six hours, I have 100 more beans. Not a record, I didn't sleep.

(Don't think I was up all night on the forum, I was also doing a bit of programming)

wieman01
February 16th, 2008, 05:51 PM
You most definitely need a life outside the realm of computers, LaRoza... Take the advice, it burns you out over the course of time. I have been through this myself. :-)

LaRoza
February 16th, 2008, 05:55 PM
You most definitely need a life outside the realm of computers, LaRoza... Take the advice, it burns you out over the course of time. I have been through this myself. :-)

Don't worry, once I get a job, I will level out. For now, I am doing the things I wanted to do that I couldn't when I was in school.

wieman01
February 16th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Don't worry, once I get a job, I will level out. For now, I am doing the things I wanted to do that I couldn't when I was in school.
Wise move. :-)

LaRoza
February 16th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Wise move. :-)

I think I have to get a little sleep, it has been 26 hours since I woke up. My code is completely devoid of comments, and has weird data structures, a bad sign.

I want to continue to work on it, but I know from experience that such code is useless to me when I come back to it.

I guess I will go to sleep for a little while, and dream in code. (Really, I do. I have fixed most bugs while sleeping on them)

popch
February 16th, 2008, 06:10 PM
I have fixed most bugs while sleeping on them

Now this gives an interesting correlation. (It's my correlation day, it appears).

You make all your bugs while awake
You fix most bugs while asleep
Therefore, you ought to sleep more.

Sweet dreams.

wieman01
February 16th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Now this gives an interesting correlation. (It's my correlation day, it appears).

You make all your bugs while awake
You fix most bugs while asleep
Therefore, you ought to sleep more.

Sweet dreams.
Or create less bugs while awake. :-)

popch
February 16th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Or create less bugs while awake. :-)

In order to do that, you have to write less code. The ratio of code to bugs appears to remain constant for most people.

wieman01
February 16th, 2008, 06:19 PM
In order to do that, you have to write less code. The ratio of code to bugs appears to remain constant for most people.
Assuming that bugs are normally distributed and LaRoza is better than average, he needs to sleep less than most people. :-) But that's a rather academic view. Too many assumptions.

LaRoza
February 16th, 2008, 06:55 PM

That is true. I write the best code the second or third time. I am too tired to really research that, but I think there is a famous statement or theory for that, because it applies to all programmers.

The first time around is never the final, and I know it.

LeAstrale
February 16th, 2008, 07:04 PM
This really did turn in to a good chit chat thread :) which languages are you programming LaRoza ?

popch
February 16th, 2008, 07:07 PM
That is true. I write the best code the second or third time. I am too tired to really research that, but I think there is a famous statement or theory for that, because it applies to all programmers.

The first time around is never the final, and I know it.

Third time lucky? (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/third-time-lucky.html) I just looked that up, and what I find rather - er - strange is that it refers to John Babbacombe Lee. I just finished listening to part of an album with that name. The phrase 'third time lucky' does not appear anywhere within its lyrics, I am quite sure.

LaRoza
February 16th, 2008, 07:07 PM
This really did turn in to a good chit chat thread :) which languages are you programming LaRoza ?

I am writing it in PHP and ECMAScript.

I scratched the original code, and will redo it later.

(It is web based)

LaRoza
February 16th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Third time lucky? (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/third-time-lucky.html) I just looked that up, and what I find rather - er - strange is that it refers to John Babbacombe Lee. I just finished listening to part of an album with that name. The phrase 'third time lucky' does not appear anywhere within its lyrics, I am quite sure.

No, it is specific to programming. I think it is in a book, don't remember which.

My mind is freeing all of the allocated memory...must sleep....

#include <laroza.h>

int main(int args,char ** argv)
{
double * larozaMentalCapacity = (double*)malloc(sizeof(laroza.brain));
int i = 0;
while (POSSIBLE)
{
postOnForum();
POSSIBLE--;
}
free((void*)larozaMentalCapacity)
return 0;
}

hyper_ch
February 16th, 2008, 07:13 PM
and what do you program? Anything useful for me? ^^

LaRoza
February 16th, 2008, 07:14 PM
and what do you program? Anything useful for me? ^^

It is nothing big, and just a small thing to pass time.

I don't know if it will be useful for anyone.

hyper_ch
February 16th, 2008, 07:16 PM
And what is it?

Btw, who thinks also Linux is sponsored by the coffee industry? I mean there is a direct connection between coffee consumption and time spent on Linux. So in order to sell more coffee, they need more linux users. Right?

LeAstrale
February 16th, 2008, 07:18 PM
It is nothing big, and just a small thing to pass time.

I don't know if it will be useful for anyone.

:) that didn't really answer his question did it?

Are you only programming in PHP ? (what i mean is which languages are you able to program in?)

LaRoza
February 16th, 2008, 07:21 PM
:) that didn't really answer his question did it?

Are you only programming in PHP ? (what i mean is which languages are you able to program in?)

I am able to program in a lot of languages, see my site. I have studied them all, but I don't know them equally.

I am using XHTML, CSS, ECMAScript, PHP and probably Python for this. (I usually write programs to write programs for me to save time, that is what the Python will do)

It is just an online test/quiz/questionaire for what language to learn for people wanting to learn a programming language.

LeAstrale
February 16th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I am able to program in a lot of languages, see my site. I have studied them all, but I don't know them equally.

I am using XHTML, CSS, ECMAScript, PHP and probably Python for this. (I usually write programs to write programs for me to save time, that is what the Python will do)

It is just an online test/quiz/questionaire for what language to learn for people wanting to learn a programming language.

Funny you should ask. im browsing youre site right now, however im having a little trouble finding IDLE for python like i used to in windows :S

LaRoza
February 16th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Funny you should ask. im browsing youre site right now, however im having a little trouble finding IDLE for python like i used to in windows :S

IDLE is in Synaptic.

popch
February 16th, 2008, 07:27 PM
No, it is specific to programming. I think it is in a book, don't remember which.

I think I know that. I was just pulling your leg. I can't recall which book, either. It's quite possible that my comment was prompted by 'egoless programming' (Weinberg), but the bit about the constant ratio must have been from somewhere else. 'The Mythical Man-Month' comes to mind, as well.

popch
February 16th, 2008, 07:33 PM
...(I usually write programs to write programs for me to save time, that is what the Python will do)

You are writing a program which will write a program which will advise people on what language to learn?

LaRoza
February 16th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I think I know that. I was just pulling your leg. I can't recall which book, either. It's quite possible that my comment was prompted by 'egoless programming' (Weinberg), but the bit about the constant ratio must have been from somewhere else. 'The Mythical Man-Month' comes to mind, as well.

Too tired to tell, you could tell me that Python uses braces and I would believe it at this point.

LaRoza
February 16th, 2008, 07:35 PM
You are writing a program which will write a program which will advise people on what language to learn?

Yes. It isn't going to give a "Learn <language>" answer, but give useful information based on the users needs.

I forsee it giving a ranch of languages and ranking them.

LeAstrale
February 16th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Yes. It isn't going to give a "Learn <language>" answer, but give useful information based on the users needs.

I forsee it giving a ranch of languages and ranking them.

sounds like a cool idea i must admit :)