PDA

View Full Version : How do you upload to Frontpage Sites?

vayu
September 26th, 2005, 10:08 PM
You are not supposed to upload using FTP on a Frontpage Extension site. It breaks the extensions. (if you don't know what I'm talking about, do a google search on Frontpage, ftp) I have to upload to sites that have Frontpage Extensions enabled. Are there any programs I can run on Ubuntu that will let me upload and delete files without breaking the Extensions?

toojays
September 28th, 2005, 01:32 AM
My googling didn't quite make it clear, but can you use webdav? Nautilus and Konqueror both support webdav.

Mujaheiden
November 13th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Mmm... My login is refused, don't know why, when I try to connect to http://www.studver.unimaas.nl with the gnome connect to server procedure.

the_it
November 15th, 2005, 08:31 AM
That's a very strange error. I'm thinking it has something to do with your unix/windows text coding differences. A GUI ftp client, say gftp, has an easy checkbox to enable/disable ascii transfer (normally, I think you use binary transfer to files, this copies your files bit-per-bit, including the different line return codes from w32 to unix). Try enabling ascii (text) transfer and trying again?

Mujaheiden
February 11th, 2006, 02:56 PM
A GUI ftp client, say gftp

Thanks for your reply - I've picked up the same issue again, and unfortunately stumbled over my own unresolved posts... however, I'm not allowed to use FTP to my universities' server.
And in de network connect to WEbDAV is no option to connect with ASCII or binary, so I guess we were not communicating clearly enough with each other?