PDA

View Full Version : give me a break already.

wolfen69
February 7th, 2008, 04:11 PM
this post http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4130480#post4130480
was not aimed at anyone, does not use profanity, and is merely an opinion. wow, has it gotten to the point where i cant state my opinion. it was the mods' opinion that it was harsh. it may have been a strong opinion, but i dont think i was wrong. i reported a mod for posting something a while back and nothing was done about it. this only leads me to believe i am being picked on at this point. if this infraction (from something i posted 3 weeks ago) is not removed, i will no longer post here. as you can see from my post count, and the many thanks i get, i enjoy helping people.

this is wrong, and i would like it corrected. thank you.

matthew
February 7th, 2008, 04:29 PM
There is no one here who responds well to threats...if you feel that leaving is the best thing for you to do, you are free to do so. The threat of losing your presence will not affect any decision made here. Your technical help of users would be missed, though.

Now, to the issue. Yes, it was an old post. It was found quite by accident and there has been some discussion about it in the staff forum, mainly centered around another participant in the same thread, one who reacted to your post in an even more inappropriate way. Both posts have been removed and placed in the jail. Your post was baiting, it was very predictable that someone would react very strongly to it with angry words. Posting things that insult other users in an attempt to elicit a negative response or to silence them through intimidation is not acceptable behavior.

As I look at your account, I see that you have received multiple infractions for this sort of behavior. None of them seemed to have helped you understand the ultimate message to treat other users with respect and kindness. Neither did the infraction you are complaining about today.

I think you are right, some time away from these forums is a good idea. I'm going to issue a three day temporary ban, in the hopes that it will help you remember to please treat users appropriately. If this is not possible, please make the vacation permanent.