PDA

View Full Version : Oracle 10.2 installation URGENT!

alfotis
September 24th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Hi all,

After a LOT of Googling around installing Oracle database 10.2 on Ubuntu I resulted to NOTHING!

The installer keeps saying things about my distro (not being Fedora, SuSE etc) and I don't know what to do!!

I need Oracle database on my server and I don't want to switch to any other distro

Please help!!!

Thanx,
Fotis

This should be my problem, but resolved it by adding a file redhat-release in my /etc directory that contains "Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon) and now I can FINALLY run the installer

evilghost
September 24th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Sounds like the Oracle installer is absolute garbage.

bsussman
September 24th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Gee - I hope Oracle doesn't depend on some package, feature, parameter that is not present in ubuntu...

murkin
October 11th, 2005, 04:31 AM
This should be my problem, but resolved it by adding a file redhat-release in my /etc directory that contains "Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon) and now I can FINALLY run the installer

Fotis,
Would you be able to tell me where you found this file? I don't understand what it is you did. You added a file named "redhat-release" to the /etc directory. (Was this a text file?) Within this file you typed the words "Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon)".

Thanks for your help!

ape
October 11th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Try the information from this location (http://www.togaware.com/linux/survivor/Oracle_10g.shtml)

munitras
October 11th, 2005, 07:44 PM
try running the installer as follows

./runInstaller -ignoreSysPrereqs

Oracle have not certified 10.2 to run on Ubuntu as such you will need to bypass pre-requirements checking as described above.