PDA

View Full Version : my apolgies and question

staticvoid
February 3rd, 2008, 10:24 PM
Hello,
I posted,

hi,
trying to crack WEP code. wuts wrong with the pic? did the tutorial i followed work?

sv

And now I have 1 Infraction which expires February 13th. Um, so what now? Can I request this punishment to be taken off? Does this mean I cannot post or something? A bit confused here.

My apologies for breaking the rules, but my cracking is for educational purposes. And I am outside of the USA.

Thanks! (For putting this post in the Jail, do not want to set a bad example)

SV

matthew
February 3rd, 2008, 10:51 PM
Infraction points are like formal warnings. One point won't do anything to limit your account in any way.

If a user gets 10 infraction points, all of their posts must be read by a staff member and approved before the post will appear in the forums. If a user collects 15 points or more, they are banned from the forums until the points expire.

Cracking is a topic that is not encouraged in the forums, because it is usually an illegal request. If a person is seeking the information for the purposes of attempting to access his own, personal computer system, in order to increase security, that is allowed...but we still don't encourage the random posting of this information. The post you made did not make it clear this is what you had intended.

The ultimate goal of the infraction system is to make it easier to help people understand what is appropriate in the forums. It is not our goal to merely punish, but rather to educate. I think that has been accomplished here.

For this reason, and because of your apology, I am going to reverse the infraction. Hopefully we can move on from here in peace and goodwill. :)

staticvoid
February 4th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Ok, got it.

Thank you so much for the kind explanation :]

And sorry I did not state my reasons. I saw other posts... which were, as you mentioned, for testing sequirity.

Good to see we've got GREAT moderators and administrators on the job! :]

SV