PDA

View Full Version : Additional ideas for the Ubuntu Ohio website

tnseditor
January 31st, 2008, 04:23 AM
At our last meeting we discussed the website and additional content that should be added. So far we have decided to add a screenshot section and update the support section (any additional support places that should be added?). I would also like to add an event section with past and future events so that new members and potential members can see what we do. The revamped site will also have a new theme and logo :)

Anyone have any other ideas? I would like to have the revamped site up on Friday or Saturday (February first or second). We can add content after that date too, it's not a problem.

_Phineas_
January 31st, 2008, 07:56 AM
Ok a embedded IRC client would be nice. An Aero theme. And instructions on how to compile programs and how to's.

tnseditor
January 31st, 2008, 08:04 AM
Instead of the embedded IRC we will try to have users use Pidgin and other IRC programs. Aero is Windows... however, we will have a different theme and new logo. We are working on building up our support page. We are probably going to go with links to how tos, like Ubuntu Screencasts, the forums, and other resources.

*Edit Jacob has put a link on the top of the website to have browser based (with Java) IRC.

inoculant
January 31st, 2008, 02:01 PM
im still fairly new to this, but i think it would be great to focus on some of the versatility of ubuntu. im sure some people are using their servers or desktops to do some out of the norm stuff, so something like that would be cool. im using an old pentium 300 as a webserver with 7.10. and it would just be interesting to see what others were doing...

jr

tnseditor
January 31st, 2008, 06:20 PM
I think that maybe we could use the wiki for that mostly so that people can edit it themselves, although we could and probably should have a page on the website up for server stuff in addition to the desktop.

jpeddicord
January 31st, 2008, 10:13 PM
Instead of the embedded IRC we will try to have users use Pidgin and other IRC programs. Aero is Windows... however, we will have a different theme and new logo. We are working on building up our support page. We are probably going to go with links to how tos, like Ubuntu Screencasts, the forums, and other resources.Added an IRC link to the top navbar. It goes to Freenode, but hey, it works nicely. :)

Soldierboy
January 31st, 2008, 10:58 PM
I am eager to see the new site up. I'll reserve any further suggestions until it is so. At any rate, it is a step in the right direction. :)