PDA

View Full Version : IOSocket - Perl

adza
January 27th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Hoping some of you gurus can help me out here... i'm trying to a little bit of study from a book i recently purchased (the unoffical guide to ethical hacking - Ankit Fadia) as i was told that this is the 'bible' for learning stuff... Now, let me be clear here, i am learning this to protect my home server rather than anything else... but back to the point, there is an example in this book that illustrates port scanning, but the example references IOSocket.pm library.. however this isn't installed on my machine nor does a search of synaptic reveal any joy... Does anyone know what perl modules (there are HEAPS of them!!) that i should install to get this library up and running??

Cheers :)

LaRoza
January 27th, 2008, 07:00 AM
I can't find it online, using google, except in a language I don't know and it isn't a documentation for it anyway.

You can try exploring the other Perl modules for the function you are looking for.

If you don't know Perl, you can find a similar module most likely, with another language, specifically, Python.

http://www.python.org/doc/1.5.2p2/lib/module-socket.html

It may not be the most useful thing for someone who doesn't know Python, but maybe with searches for "Port scanning in <language>" you might have better luck and even examples.