PDA

View Full Version : Reputation

Freddy
September 19th, 2005, 08:16 PM
What is those freaking reputation points!!!, I've gotten myself a bunch of them. Can somebody in the future use them against me somehow. Arrgh I can't be icognito anywhere.

No seriously what are these so called reputation points, do you get those because the amount of your posts or do someone have to give you one and if so how do you give them?, cause I have gotten me some and I have given a great deal of effort just to talk gibbirish in here (lame effort for a joke) /// Freddan

matthew
September 19th, 2005, 08:22 PM
when you post something that another forum reader finds helpful they can add to your reputation by clicking on the little checkmark and x at the bottom left of your post. This is just a way to give you a complement as for the moment the reputation points are not being used for anything. On some forums they are used to help classify users as more or less helpful and there are even ways to subtract from another users reputation...not here, though.

Freddy
September 19th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Okey thank's for the info, I remember that they used something similar over at Fedoras forum back when I used that distro, they cancelled it though, after a lot of complains about the way it was handled.

But those coffee cups are they related to ro the reputation or are the more like postqount ? /// Freddan

cstudent
September 19th, 2005, 08:47 PM
But those coffee cups are they related to ro the reputation or are the more like postqount ? /// Freddan

The cups are based on post count. I just graduated to Ubuntu Mocha Blend. Apparently I'll be drinking that blend for quite a while. I prefer straight up black java myself. :)

matthew
September 19th, 2005, 09:03 PM
The cups and titles were originally related directly to post count. The titles have been changed recently and it looks like they will remain unchanging for the moment...maybe forever. I'm not sure if cup will continue to be added or not. The whole system is being discussed right now by the mods and may be changed or even scrapped in favor of something else.

Freddy
September 19th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Apparently you have :) Yeah thats' the way to go dude I like it black myself but I don't know if I dare say that in here with all the Ubunuts, Ohhh schizze I am one myself.

Hope they elect a Ubunut for primeminister in our country (Sweden) next election, things would be a little easier for us then. We are a hunted people here in Sweden (another bad attempt for a joke :))

Btw thanks for the info, I have gotten myself quite a few post lately over at the KDE section but don't know what all cups and other stuff stands for yet, never botherd to care before but after my new install of Breezy I know I'm here to stay and that I left Fedora for good but it was with a tear in my eye. /// Freddan

Edit: While I was writing this another post came in and again thanks for the info.

bsussman
September 19th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Sorry - double tap

bsussman
September 19th, 2005, 09:05 PM
The cups are based on post count. I just graduated to Ubuntu Mocha Blend. Apparently I'll be drinking that blend for quite a while. I prefer straight up black java myself. :)

Um - almost everybody in the universe is Ubuntu Mocha Blend. The mommies and daddies frown on individuality, except for special ppl like moderators and management O:)

bsussman
September 19th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Hope they elect a Ubunut for primeminister in our country (Sweden) next election, things would be a little easier for us then. We are a hunted people here in Sweden (another bad attempt for a joke :))

Is it at the pier in Gothenburg where there is a large revolver (Colt Python) with a knot in it's barrel? A gun nut friend of mine ranted about that one for an hour. I dunno if I was laughing harder at him or the statue!

cstudent
September 19th, 2005, 09:12 PM
I have gotten myself quite a few post lately over at the KDE section but don't know what all cups and other stuff stands for yet, never botherd to care before but after my new install of Breezy I know I'm here to stay and that I left Fedora for good but it was with a tear in my eye. /// Freddan

Congratulations on your brownie points! :)

I hope to get me some of them someday. I too moved from Fedora to Ubuntu Hoary a few months back. I just upgraded one of my computers last night to a clean install of Breezy. So far everything is cool.

I guess I was wrong to some degree on the post count. Here I was all excited that I moved up from being a newbie just to find out everyone moved up! \\:D/

Freddy
September 19th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Cool, I gave my first rep point to matthew for his great answers to my questions, Thanks dude. /// Freddan

Freddy
September 19th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Is it at the pier in Gothenburg where there is a large revolver (Colt Python) with a knot in it's barrel? A gun nut friend of mine ranted about that one for an hour. I dunno if I was laughing harder at him or the statue!
Yeah that gun statue is all over Sweden, and in some parts of europe, the designer is Swedish though, think it's for Amnesty or another such organisation. Little weird though, cause Sweden has been in several posts (think 19 or something) in Amnestys black book. /// Freddan

matthew
September 19th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Cool, I gave my first rep point to matthew for his great answers to my questions, Thanks dude. /// Freddan
Glad I could help clear it up. Thanks, bro.

XDevHald
September 20th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Um - almost everybody in the universe is Ubuntu Mocha Blend. The mommies and daddies frown on individuality, except for special ppl like moderators and management O:)
I am on the topic with some staff about changing the VIP's to Ubuntu Cafe Blend in which is better than the Walking Coffee Mug. I don't mind this title, but prefer to be a little close by the members titles. :)

matthew
September 20th, 2005, 12:09 AM
I am on the topic with some staff about changing the VIP's to Ubuntu Cafe Blend in which is better than the Walking Coffee Mug. I don't mind this title, but prefer to be a little close by the members titles. :)
But, Steve, you are different. That's okay. It is our uniqueness which defines us and our willingness to accept other's uniqueness which makes us a community...NOT the "let's all be the same" mentality which celebrates mediocrity and frowns on the praising of personal achievement. Okay, I'm a little over the top maybe--possibly from just watching The Incredibles for the umpteenth time with my kids. I think there is something worth thinking about here.

On the other hand, if you would feel more comfortable with a different title, that's fine with me (not that my permission or blessing is even required).

XDevHald
September 20th, 2005, 12:17 AM
But, Steve, you are different. That's okay. It is our uniqueness which defines us and our willingness to accept other's uniqueness which makes us a community...NOT the "let's all be the same" mentality which celebrates mediocrity and frowns on the praising of personal achievement. Okay, I'm a little over the top maybe--possibly form just watching The Incredibles for the umpteenth time with my kids. I think there is something worth thinking about here.

On the other hand, if you would feel more comfortable with a different title, that's fine with me (not that my permission or blessing is even required).
Great point, matthew, I do like to the title and would like to see it happen, but let's let the judges do the talking :D

Thanks for the reply!