PDA

View Full Version : it will blow your mind

99bluefoxx
January 17th, 2008, 05:41 AM
hey guys, i just learned something that will BLOW YOUR MIND!!!
i dont know wheather i should really say anything, but its so cool that i have to share it
some company[i dont know which] has made a new kind of semiconductor that is so versatile it can be used to put a LCD type display and programmable circuit board into a credit card
obviously, this will allow for a huge advancement in technolagy
think about it, if you have a lcd display on your credit card, you can press a button/contact point on it and see on its display how much is left in your balance, transactions today, etc
or say its a reloadable gift card
how many of you have thrown out a old gift card and wondered if there was anything on it?
i heard this from someone that went to a meetingin the US, cant say who
alsoo dont know which companies are involved, just want to share the info[and take the credit for the first online to know =3]
oh wonderful people in the labs, what will you make next X3

hardyn
January 17th, 2008, 05:44 AM
is this similar to the LCD "paper" that 3M? is developing? is a bendable LCD (type) membrane. it is supposed to be comparable price to paper?

99bluefoxx
January 17th, 2008, 05:51 AM
possibly
im not too sure, i just know what a friends dad told me while i was getting a ride to my home
at any rate, it sounds very much awesome, if can be made for computer displays you could probally have a roll-up light weight moniter for your computer or w/e device
and think how much smaller personal digital devices will get
or laptops for that matter
the possibilities are virtually endless :D

Somenoob
January 17th, 2008, 06:11 AM
That's just simply too expensive, just stop being lazy and check how much money is on the damn thing,

jcwmoore
January 17th, 2008, 06:17 AM
i think i'd break the damn thing...

99bluefoxx
January 17th, 2008, 06:18 AM
That's just simply too expensive, just stop being lazy and check how much money is on the damn thing,That's just simply too expensive, just stop being lazy and check how much money is on the damn thing,

who says im lazy
or that i have money to pay for a credit card or similar
sides, its becoming sheaper and cheaper to manufactor things nowdays, look at the price of a gig of RAM in 200 as compared to now
some things wont get any cheaper, but others can still get cheaper and more efficient

inversekinetix
January 17th, 2008, 07:11 AM
i wonder which linux you could install on it.

allforcarrie
January 17th, 2008, 08:26 AM
i wonder which linux you could install on it.

HAX!!!! i'm sure someone will put SLAX on it.

slimdog360
January 17th, 2008, 08:54 AM
everyone is making something similar

Ebuntor
January 17th, 2008, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the LCD screen is more expensive than all the money that is on that card. ;)

99bluefoxx
January 17th, 2008, 09:34 AM
lols
but how to modifey the information on it
infra-red or barcode maybe[well, not barcode...]
lol

RAV TUX
January 17th, 2008, 09:50 AM
hey guys, i just learned something that will BLOW YOUR MIND!!!
i dont know wheather i should really say anything, but its so cool that i have to share it
some company[i dont know which] has made a new kind of semiconductor that is so versatile it can be used to put a LCD type display and programmable circuit board into a credit card
obviously, this will allow for a huge advancement in technolagy
think about it, if you have a lcd display on your credit card, you can press a button/contact point on it and see on its display how much is left in your balance, transactions today, etc
or say its a reloadable gift card
how many of you have thrown out a old gift card and wondered if there was anything on it?
i heard this from someone that went to a meetingin the US, cant say who
alsoo dont know which companies are involved, just want to share the info[and take the credit for the first online to know =3]
oh wonderful people in the labs, what will you make next X3Sounds like spinning your wheels in mud, take a look at what is happening in Japan for a look into the future. Physical credit cards have gone the way of the Dodo, everything is done on cell phones.

Closer to home here in the USA I simply swipe my finger print at the local food market, why would I be burdened with carrying a credit card if I don't have to.

99bluefoxx
January 18th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Sounds like spinning your wheels in mud, take a look at what is happening in Japan for a look into the future. Physical credit cards have gone the way of the Dodo, everything is done on cell phones.

Closer to home here in the USA I simply swipe my finger print at the local food market, why would I be burdened with carrying a credit card if I don't have to.
lol, didnt you watch that mythbusters episode? fingerprint scanners are easily fooled
retinal(eye) scannings the way to go
or how about DNA matching, using your hair/saliva
lol

Mateo
January 18th, 2008, 12:47 AM
that would be great if it were remotely true.

inversekinetix
January 18th, 2008, 12:51 AM
barely anyone uses 'new' payment methods here, credit cards are a far off second place (theyre not revolving credit, theyre like card loan systems here) by far the most popular payment method is CASH, people pay cash for everything from groceries to cars here.

Mateo
January 18th, 2008, 12:59 AM
where are you from? personally i don't use cash, period. if I get cash I most likely deposit it into the bank. i even roll all of my coins and deposit them.