PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Where to get cheap computer in Metro Manila

hanzj
January 3rd, 2008, 06:29 AM
Hello,
I'm currently in Metro Manila for the "winter" holidays. I think I'll be here until the first or 2nd week of February 2008.

I was wondering where or how to go about getting / renting a computer that I can use/ borrow/rent.

I don't need any brand name parts. I don't need any parts for hi-end gaming (such as expensive video cards).

I just need a computer for VOIP, web-browsing. I want it to be fast enough so that I wouldn't have to wait for the computer to load webpages, fast/powerful enough for VOIP.

I've never built a computer from scratch before, but I'm willing to learn if someone can help me face to face.

I'm going to be travelling to some countries too, so maybe a laptop would be great. But a laptop is harder to build isn't it?

If building is not worthwhile, then buying a computer that can run ubuntu is good. The computer doesn't need to come wiith Windows. (Although I do need to use Yahoo Voice / Yahoo Messenger for VOIP).

Thanks!

exkludge
January 3rd, 2008, 07:49 AM
hi hanzj,

you can try to look for cheap pc/laptop at openpinoy .com, actually i bought my pc there a couple of months ago :)

ichi_730
January 3rd, 2008, 01:01 PM
try market market mall:popcorn:

mitchi
January 4th, 2008, 03:30 AM
you can also try at HMR. Store for surplus computers.