PDA

View Full Version : ubuntu and coffee (and other items)

cartisdm
January 2nd, 2008, 05:35 AM
Ok I am in love with coffee just as much as the rest of you out there and I recently broke my old (and loved) coffee mug. I was going to buy myself a new one at walmart today but decided to get myself a Linux/Ubuntu one if I could.

The one listed on shop.canonical.com/ isn't a particular favorite choice of mine, not to mention I couldn't commit myself to paying $15 for a mug (including shipping). I looked on eBay but didn't see any good items.

Could I get some good sites/ideas for Linux/Ubuntu items (most importantly a new coffee mug!!)

Casual Fan
January 2nd, 2008, 05:38 AM
You could design your own at cafepress.com.

cartisdm
January 2nd, 2008, 05:52 AM
You could design your own at cafepress.com.

Not bad, I'd prefer a black mug in which I could place the logo on. They also only allow one image

I'd wanna add these most likely

adam.tropics
January 2nd, 2008, 08:33 AM
Not Ubuntu specific, but pretty neat (http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/mugs/7bbe/)...shame about the price!

Casual Fan
January 2nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
There are probably other places online that sell single-run custom items...I've used cafepress with success and can recommend them. Alternatively, if you have a do-it-yourself pottery place there in town, you could paint a mug black and place an Ubuntu logo on the side, and then glaze and fire it. Now THAT would be truly one-of-a-kind.

cartisdm
January 2nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
There are probably other places online that sell single-run custom items...I've used cafepress with success and can recommend them. Alternatively, if you have a do-it-yourself pottery place there in town, you could paint a mug black and place an Ubuntu logo on the side, and then glaze and fire it. Now THAT would be truly one-of-a-kind.

Actually that sounds like a great idea. I've done that pottery painting stuff before just as a craft project and it usually turns out great. I'll see if they have one around harrisonburg area. I wonder if I can place a sticker on the mug and have them cover it with glaze