PDA

View Full Version : Don't Click It

Dr Small
January 1st, 2008, 09:29 PM
A flash based site, where you are not supposed to click anything ;)
Check it out:
http://dontclick.it/

-grubby
January 1st, 2008, 09:31 PM
Nice interface. I like it

~LoKe
January 1st, 2008, 09:33 PM
Simply amazing.

bapoumba
January 1st, 2008, 09:41 PM
Wow!
Quite interesting.

Techwiz
January 1st, 2008, 09:46 PM
Different...
I like it!

forrestcupp
January 1st, 2008, 10:34 PM
It's pretty interesting. I don't like it, though. Using only mouse gestures and no clicking causes unwanted events to happen when I'm trying to get from one part of the screen to the next. In the demo with all of the guys talking, you can't choose to have one guy in the middle talk; every guy your mouse crosses talks.

I'd rather just be able to move my mouse where I want it and activate whatever event I want by clicking the mouse.

p_quarles
January 1st, 2008, 10:45 PM
It's pretty interesting. I don't like it, though. Using only mouse gestures and no clicking causes unwanted events to happen when I'm trying to get from one part of the screen to the next. In the demo with all of the guys talking, you can't choose to have one guy in the middle talk; every guy your mouse crosses talks.

I'd rather just be able to move my mouse where I want it and activate whatever event I want by clicking the mouse.
Completely agreed. Plus, how many people go to a web site and think "gosh, that link looks interesting, but it's so much bother to click the mouse button"? I can't see this kind of thing fulfilling any need.

Also, that site ate a lot of CPU power. Less functional, and it takes more system resources.

lyceum
January 1st, 2008, 11:01 PM
Try clicking anyway, it gives you static :lolflag:

It is a cool idea though.

fuscia
January 1st, 2008, 11:07 PM
the only problem with mouse over focus, in my view, is that you could end up buying a bunch of junk you never wanted just because you sneezed at the wrong moment.

-grubby
January 1st, 2008, 11:10 PM
the only problem with mouse over focus, in my view, is that you could end up buying a bunch of junk you never wanted just because you sneezed at the wrong moment.

good point :lolflag:

jasay
January 1st, 2008, 11:13 PM
Interesting idea, but I'm in the "not a fan" group. In addition to what's mentioned above, I'm frequently switching between two different windows and comparing what's in the two (howtos, programing tutorials, etc.) It would be mighty frustrating when what I had focused on in one windows changed when I moused to the other window.

~LoKe
January 1st, 2008, 11:14 PM

Technology hasn't advanced far enough to input your credit card number and mailing address by moving your mouse over something. ;)

But you're right, there are possible complications.

bmathis
January 1st, 2008, 11:21 PM
i think its a cool concept and might work for something like touch sensitive screens as an alternative to pounding on the screen real hard to get where you wanna go. for general computers though, i dont see it being used on a day to day basis.

fuscia
January 1st, 2008, 11:22 PM
Technology hasn't advanced far enough to input your credit card number and mailing address by moving your mouse over something. ;)

But you're right, there are possible complications.

i might have been exaggerating a tad.

jken146
January 1st, 2008, 11:24 PM
I really don't see the point in this. It doesn't offer anything new and is harder to use than ordinary web sites. Keyboard navigation is impossible (major drawback) and it requires far too much bandwidth and cpu. It isn't very intuitive either -- one slip of the mouse and you've completely lost where you were. That's what I thought the 'back' button was for.

mmb1
January 1st, 2008, 11:26 PM
I like the concept, but I don't think I'll ever be ready to abandon clicking. :)

fuscia
January 1st, 2008, 11:33 PM
i don't think i'd want a no-click house. one decent breeze and the damn thing is in the neighbor's yard.

blithen
January 1st, 2008, 11:33 PM
VERY cool idea in my opinion. Though i don't think it will work.
Some things it will some it won't

fuscia
January 1st, 2008, 11:37 PM
VERY cool idea in my opinion. Though i don't think it will work.
Some things it will some it won't

i agree. it's extra frill. i'd rather have something that works like a brick.

edit: skillfully done and impressive, even so.

Bruce M.
January 1st, 2008, 11:51 PM
i don't think i'd want a no-click house. one decent breeze and the damn thing is in the neighbor's yard.

Yup, buying something from the garage sale. :lolflag:

Sorry couldn't help myself.

It's interesting though, kind of like those scripts that change images when you move your mouse over them. Those have been around a long time.

Reacted quite well with my P-III - 800MHtz machine, a bit slow, but of course I expected that.

Saying that, I have to add, I don't see it taking off in the near future. For now, it's just a well done gimmick.

Bruce

RebounD11
January 2nd, 2008, 12:13 AM
Great site. Nice for training with touchpads. Might be able to use a laptop without a mouse after getting the hang of this :D

K.Mandla
January 2nd, 2008, 01:10 AM
Impressive, a lot of work went into that. But I'm not real fond of the gesture style. I'll expend the extra calorie it takes to click, thanks. :D

pmgr33r
January 2nd, 2008, 01:33 AM
Interesting but more annoying than useful...

mridkash
January 2nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Clicks and gestures can go together to create more intuitive GUIs for PCs and mobiles.
Gestures can be used when we want something to go away, like a popup window, error message etc.
what we usually do when some fly or mosquito comes close? we sway our hand to move it away. Similarly with smoke and dust etc

Blender software is good example, when you first start it the splash screen is displayed, the moment you move mouse it disappears. Also, any popup window in workspace opens right under the pointer rather than at a predefined place, it saves mouse dragging time.

Every software should have intuitive interface.