PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Phone with Sprint question

Black Mage
December 23rd, 2007, 08:13 PM
I lost my cell phone, so I needed a new one and my dad gave me his old one except its a Verizon phone, a Kyocera I think its called.

Is it possible to use my sprint service on this verizon phone?

jeffc313
December 23rd, 2007, 09:14 PM
what is the model? That is a huge dependency of this.

bufsabre666
December 23rd, 2007, 09:26 PM
its possible but it really depends on the model and also verizon has a deal when the contract is up they will unlock your phone, but this agreement was only put in place like 6-8 month ago so it might not apply, id say the model would determine it more than the state of locktatude

Black Mage
December 23rd, 2007, 09:51 PM
It says in phone info:

Kyocera KX2
SW Version: MD1.0.27.3
PRL Version:50644
Factory Config: KX2_Verizon_MD10273_P01

Does that help at all?

igknighted
December 23rd, 2007, 11:51 PM
I'd just take it to your local sprint store and ask them (the real sprint store with real techs, not those crappy resellers).

KCPokes
December 23rd, 2007, 11:55 PM
It always depends. Best case is they can activate the phone, at which time the phone only will work but none of your other features (internet, text messaging, etc..) will work. This is due to how your phone is provisioned on the network. IMO, I'd call up Sprint and ask to speak with Tech Support. Normally the reps in the store aren't going to be able to do much for you, but it doesnt hurt to try if it is convenient.

This is something that Sprint is trying to get away from with the Open Handset Alliance.