PDA

View Full Version : 200 posts!!!

Lostincyberspace
December 18th, 2007, 09:09 AM
I finaly reached the 200 post mark it feels like it has breezed by. I really hope I can keep up my recent posting level. It seemed for a while like I wasn't making any progress but now it all seems worth while. Please talk about your experiences here and what you remember from when you first started posting here.

Oh and happy holidays.

TidusBlade
December 18th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Gratz!
I didnt really have problems when I first started here, just a few help topics and helping a few people out, and then on weekends I spend a few hours here so it rocketed up, but it's not that hihg, but who cares :p

xyz
December 18th, 2007, 09:26 AM
I finaly reached the 200 post mark it feels like it has breezed by. I really hope I can keep up my recent posting level. It seemed for a while like I wasn't making any progress but now it all seems worth while. Please talk about your experiences here and what you remember from when you first started posting here.

Oh and happy holidays.
Good for you!

I can't remember what my first post was but it wnet probably smth like..."What's this Linux thing?"

meborc
December 18th, 2007, 09:33 AM
i can imagine what my first post was like (i have to google it)... probably something with a title: "HELP!!! linux newbie in trouble" ... i remember having problems with sound not working (that was the end of hoary/RC of breezy time), finally i figured out i need mp3 codecs :)

i do remember that i DID NOT use the search feature... i was sure no-one else was having the same problem (i was wrong of course) :) but i learned quick

EDIT: ok, found it... i remember now... it was after switching to breezy RC and not getting my keyboard to be "estonian"
hei, i have the same problem concerning my ESTONIAN keyboard... as we use some pretty aquard keys it is normal, that i would like to use estonian layout...

first time i run ubuntu and my keyboard is 'us'... nomatter what i do... i try to change it with gnome interface.. and nothing happends... little flickering of the window colors... and keyboard is still 'us'... even if it is set to estonian by default

then i went to "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" as guided before... and ever since some of my keyboard doesn't seem to work... even though i chose 'et' as my keyboard layout...

ok - restart and the same error as the guys before... back to "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" and change it back to 'us' so it would stop to send the error mess....

restart... error mess... us keyboard... damn

i really hope that the bug will be fixed before final release of 5.10... if it hasn't, i have to change to different distro