PDA

View Full Version : Learn Programming

ahsanalishahid
December 14th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Hi!
Dear Friends, I want to learn programming. Plz tell me which programming language is used in ubuntu for making programs?

Is it easy to learn programming or is it time consuming task?

Plz tell me some resources where i can learn programming language which is used ubuntu.

Thanks

AZzKikR
December 14th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Hi!
Dear Friends, I want to learn programming. Plz tell me which programming language is used in ubuntu for making programs?

Is it easy to learn programming or is it time consuming task?

Plz tell me some resources where i can learn programming language which is used ubuntu.

Thanks

Please, check the sticky posts in this forum.

pedro_orange
December 14th, 2007, 01:36 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=554070

rajeev1204
December 14th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Start with Python .

And stick with it. :D

Its the easiest to learn.

snickers295
December 14th, 2007, 02:32 PM
python and pascal are good to start with but it wouldn't hurt to go straight for c++, but it is kinda hard so if you do, make sure you have good patience.

pmasiar
December 14th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Start with Python, no doubts about it. See wiki in my sig for free books and training tasks.

Later, if you want to get more control over execution of your code (for the price of having more responsibilioty), you can try C or C++, but dont start with it.

You will learn more languages as you go, but Python is best to strart.

Kadrus
December 14th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Nothing is easy to learn...you have to work hard and practice..you can't expect to become good at something in just a few seconds..in whatever you are trying to do..
As for what languages to choose read the stickies..and Good luck
:)

now-new
December 15th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Nothing is easy to learn...you have to work hard and practice..you can't expect to become good at something in just a few seconds..in whatever you are trying to do..
As for what languages to choose read the stickies..and Good luck
:)

c'mon man, dont be so pessimistic, C isn't hard, It isn't hard for me I have taken it, the think is that I don't have a very developing mind, you know like comes with great ideas very quick, or very creative I might say. so its kind of hard what to do with it.
I know how to use it and I can read a program in C but can't develop.

--- I might but not too often

LaRoza
December 15th, 2007, 03:14 AM
c'mon man, dont be so pessimistic,

Kadrus was realistic.

I has nothing to do with C, a new language can be "learned" in an hour, but learning to program takes about 10 years. See the article in the link in my sig, it will explain it.

Majorix
December 15th, 2007, 11:20 PM
python and pascal are good to start with but it wouldn't hurt to go straight for c++, but it is kinda hard so if you do, make sure you have good patience.

Start with Python, no doubts about it. See wiki in my sig for free books and training tasks.

Later, if you want to get more control over execution of your code (for the price of having more responsibilioty), you can try C or C++, but dont start with it.

You will learn more languages as you go, but Python is best to strart.

These are kinds of statements that make me start threads like "Is Python Just a Starting Point", and when I do so; I am bashed at. Interesting... :confused:

CptPicard
December 15th, 2007, 11:27 PM
These are kinds of statements that make me start threads like "Is Python Just a Starting Point", and when I do so; I am bashed at. Interesting... :confused:

That's because the first statement is wrong -- there is nothing that says you should "go straght to c++" -- there is no such hierarchy of languages -- and the second one is right in the sense that yes you WILL learn all sorts of languages as you go, and you are wrong in assuming that either Python is just a starting point OR the only language you'll ever have to learn.