PDA

View Full Version : I have no idea why I received an infraction.

Bruce M.
December 14th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Hi Folks,

I'm here because I have no idea why I receive an infraction for "Poster rewrote quoted material." and I was deducted 3 points.

My edited post ( #14 ) is here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=638761&page=2

It started with: Post #8 and I quoted from Post #11

There is a difference between ng2 post ( #8 ) and how kellemes quoted it ( #11 ), but it's simply missing the final line. Not a rewrite and I see no red flag for his post.

When I wrote my post I stripped that final line in ng2's text to match what was quoted in post #11. I didn't rewrite the quote. And my edited post #14 looks identical to the way I wrote it. Still missing the final line of ng2's text, so that can't be the problem

Would someone please show me my "original" post since I know it's archived somewhere. I'd like to see exactly what it is I wrote to see why I have this infraction.

Thank you
Bruce Milmine

matthew
December 14th, 2007, 02:23 PM
I'm looking into it.

Sef
December 14th, 2007, 03:28 PM
I deleted the message before giving an infraction. There was a smiley added to the original message.

Sef

matthew
December 14th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Usually we issue infractions before editing posts because it saves a copy of the original post, pre-editing. In this case, that wasn't done. It was an accident and not a big deal. However, to be extra fair, I'll reverse the infraction.

Bruce M.
December 14th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Usually we issue infractions before editing posts because it saves a copy of the original post, pre-editing. In this case, that wasn't done. It was an accident and not a big deal. However, to be extra fair, I'll reverse the infraction.

Thank you matthew.

Sef, I'm sure you didn't issue an infraction "just because", that there must have been something in there to cause this, I see where you said it was a smilie that had been added. I only wish I could have seen it.

I, however, will be even more diligent in the future. I have no idea how a smilie got in there Sef, and certainly would not have conscientiously put one in.

Just as a note, when I reply to a post ( quote or not ) I've made it a habit to:

1. turn spell checking on since it's a problem with me as I'm a three finger typist, and
2. for larger posts I use the [Preview Post] button multiple times before the [Submit Reply] button. Sometime having to re-login because it takes so long.

Have a nice day guys
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Bruce Milmine.

matthew
December 14th, 2007, 08:41 PM
I'm glad it all worked out. Our infraction system isn't intended to be punitive in nature anyway, but to help a small staff assist regulating a large community. I think the whole incident served its purpose.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Bruce M.
December 14th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I'm glad it all worked out. Our infraction system isn't intended to be punitive in nature anyway, but to help a small staff assist regulating a large community. I think the whole incident served its purpose.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Agreed, thank you.