PDA

View Full Version : Stopping crap posts

Manny C
September 9th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Hi

Is there a way of stopping people from posting bogus threads? Its becoming increasingly ridiculous. I mean the threads with title like "***** enlargement" and other ones offering to reduce your mortgage repayments.

skoal
September 9th, 2005, 01:48 AM
That particular one wasn't a post from anyone here in these forums. I can _assure_ you of that. Check where it came from, the Mailing List (I think). Either way, the filters they have set up work pretty good, but occasionally a few get through...

\\//_

jdong
September 9th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Right; those typically come from the mailing lists, where we have no control over content. It's the job of Canonical and the Ubuntu mailing list officials to regulate the content. Even if we delete it from our end, the periodic synchronization cycle would bring it back. The forum moderators do not moderate the mailing list archives.

void_false
September 9th, 2005, 12:18 PM
So you all say that you dont think about pennis enlargement, eh?!

j/k ;-)

Really need to ban all those dirty stuff.

Manny C
September 9th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Ok...thanks for the sensible replies. I didn't know that you could post on the forums via the mailing list. You learn something knew every day.

fishfork
September 10th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Does anyone know why all this spam appears on the mailing lists here, but it doesn't appear in the list archives or when I read with gmane.org? It's as if the forum gets its feed before the spam filtering happens. Odd.