PDA

View Full Version : strange shortcut wonders

niteblind
December 7th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Hi

I really hope you can answer this it could be life changing for me. I am legally blind so have very little sight left and normally use the Kubuntu 7.10 desktop as I find this easier to configure. Howecer as I personally prefer some of the apps from Gnome I have this installed as well and was tinkering in the Gnome desktop when a miracel happened.

I was looking at a how to that some screenshots in it that I could not read as they are not changed by the firefox colours control and I went out of habit of using windows at work to minimise the screen by doing WindowsKey+M. At which point the Gnome High Contrast theme inverted itself making everything unreable.... except the image!!! All of a sudden I could switch between reading the page and reading the image. Hooray!!!

I checked out the themes in the appearance section and there is no high contrast white that I can see there so what I want to know is what exactly is happening here and can it be done in Kubuntu at all?

I would really appreciate some assistance on this

niteblind

Vadi
December 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM
super+m is a shortcut in Compiz for inverting the colors.

super+0, super+1, and super+2 zoom in for you (if you have the enchanted zoom enabled).

Hmm I don't remember if there are any more though...

Oh there's an ADD helper plugin, if enabled, super+p fades out all of the background windows.

niteblind
December 9th, 2007, 10:40 AM
a colleague at work adbised that this short cut is part of Compiz. So now the next step I have installed compiz-kde and also set up an configured it but I cannot figure out how on Kde I can set it to run as a service. I can see where all the running service are listed but not how to add one in myself does anyone know?

niteblind

Vadi
December 9th, 2007, 02:57 PM
No idea... I use gnome.

Try asking on compiz forums?