PDA

View Full Version : I would appreciate someone looking in to this!!

FXWGBill
December 6th, 2007, 11:40 AM
OTHER then the moderator that closed my thread! I was just trying to help others... and all I got was FLACK for no reason! If talking about problems with updating to the next 'Alpha' release is taboo... that is ridiculous... I stated what my problems were with the upgrade and was attacked!! No help... no answers; didn't even address the issues that I had posted!! Just attacked!!

If censorship is the policy on these forums... I will be no part of it!

Now I suppose the moderator that ANSWERED my posts, etc and was being a total jerk, is who this is going to reply to this....

Fine

PartisanEntity
December 6th, 2007, 11:42 AM
OTHER then the moderator that closed my thread! I was just trying to help others... and all I got was FLACK for no reason! If talking about problems with updating to the next 'Alpha' release is taboo... that is ridiculous... I stated what my problems were with the upgrade and was attacked!! No help... no answers; didn't even address the issues that I had posted!! Just attacked!!

If censorship is the policy on these forums... I will be no part of it!

Now I suppose the moderator that ANSWERED my posts, etc and was being a total jerk, is who this is going to reply to this....

Fine

For other staff this is the relevant thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=631999

FXWGBill
December 6th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Can you answer me THIS.. without A bunch of crap!! How do I resign from the forums?? I will not be treated like this!! When I am just trying to help others... I'll find somewhere where it is appreciated!!!

matthew
December 6th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Wow. I just read through the thread. Here is what I see.

You began the thread with a very aggressive and demeaning tone. This put other users off, but they gently, yet firmly reminded you that Hardy is in alpha, not even beta stage, so problems like you are mentioning are normal for the moment.

You replied again with a harsh and rude tone.

This repeated, you received a private message, you posted here in a grumpy and demanding manner.

If you want to leave the forums, all you have to do is choose not to log back in. If you want your personal data removed from your account, I would be happy to do that for you.

If you want to stick around, then we would welcome that, but only with a modification of your posting style and tone. Basically, don't be a meanie and people will treat you well. That's all it takes.

FXWGBill
December 6th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I have been trying to post the problems I have had as upgrading to Hardy. A couple people had inappropriate responses and I commented on it and one of the moderators has CENSORED ME!! I used no foul language, simply asked them to BUTT out!! and now my postings are being deleted and being accused of not 'remembering who I was speaking to' I am trying to get someone else to respond to me as this person seems to be intercepting all my messages and deleting them!! Hopefully at least a couple folks will get this and be aware of what is going on!!

matthew
December 6th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Your vocabulary was never questioned nor criticized. Your insulting and angry tone was noted and you were asked directly to modify it. You chose not to do so. Then one of your posts was edited (after an original copy was retained in the staff area) because of your manner of expression.

You took great exception to this, so much so that you have been berating one of our staff members via private message. All of your private messages sent to this staff member have been made available (unaltered) to the members of the Forums Council.

I have reviewed your posts and the private messages in question, and I am appalled at your behavior. A man of your age and education should (and does) know better.

In most cases, I would simply ban your account permanently for treating staff in this manner. If you take issue with their moderation style or actions, that can be discussed intelligently and maturely. You chose to deal with it in a rude and insulting manner that will not be tolerated.

I offer you a choice. Issue a full, unreserved apology to Partisan Entity for the manner in which you have berated him in private messages and in posts (now jailed or edited, but with unedited originals preserved), after which we can discuss your complaint, or I will simply ban your account.

You have until Saturday at 10 p.m. UHT (GMT) to issue the unreserved apology. I won't comment again on this until that time.

matthew
December 8th, 2007, 11:47 PM
I'm disappointed this didn't end differently. It is now 22:48 UHT (10:48 p.m. GMT) and I have had no response and the staff member in question has received no apology. I am left with no choice.

I wish you well elsewhere. Goodbye.