PDA

View Full Version : Developers! Take a look here!

bofman
December 5th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Hello all!

I'm writing an essay about Open Source, and i would like to interview some developers to get a more deeper look of the Open Source community and the behavior within the projects.
If someone is willing to participate I would be very grateful!
The interview will not be that bloody:) and we can take it by mail, irc or skype if you like!?

If you are interested don't hesitate to contact me (oss.rmr@gmail.com) with some info about yourself!

Best regards!
/Richard

Darkhack
December 5th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I would recommend you find an project you're interested in and find a real, well known, developer from their mailing list, rather than Mr. Nobody on a forum. It's always better to get somebody with a proven track record. Don't expect to get someone like Linus Torvalds (he is extremely busy), but you could find a developer who is happy to help from smaller projects. Are you a fan of the Epiphany browser? I'm sure that Christian Persch or Xan Lopez would be able to help. Both are great programmers and extremely nice guys.

maniacmusician
December 5th, 2007, 03:28 PM
well, there are plenty of people on the forums that have started open source projects. Deluge and Exaile both started on here, as well as all the projects listed under "3rd Party Projects".

You have a large variety of people to choose from, but I would definitely include the following; Carl, the founder of System76, can be found in the 3rd party section for System76. The developers for Miro (formerly called Democracy); it's always interesting to ask developers of video apps about codecs and legal issues, etc. Details like that always make an interview better. Deluge is also something that was born directly from these forums, and would also be a good project to interview the developers of.

bofman
December 7th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the tips! I will check them out!

/Richard