PDA

View Full Version : back to windows!!

judahbenel
November 24th, 2007, 07:29 PM
this sucks...nothing but a pain in the ***...I have spent countless hours on this...This is not for the average user...this will go nowhere...Microsoft has you all beat...it is user friendly...Sorry I tried...completely fed up

SaltyCrak
November 24th, 2007, 07:41 PM
i felt the same when i first started, but it's just a mind set. ubuntu kicks windows ***!
and these forums have helped me sort out any issues i have had so far!

trust me... you will be back!
till then, enjoy the viruses and weekly security holes that need to be plugged. :)

Kappity
November 24th, 2007, 07:46 PM
this sucks...nothing but a pain in the ***...I have spent countless hours on this...This is not for the average user...this will go nowhere...Microsoft has you all beat...it is user friendly...Sorry I tried...completely fed up

I understand the frustration, but more specifics about the problems you're having might let somebody help you.

Not me personally, I'm just an average user ;) ; it was just luck that my wireless worked from the start with Xubuntu 7.10. Still, there are a lot of helpful, knowledgeable, people here if you care to ask questions rather than just venting. :)

ryanVickers
November 24th, 2007, 08:06 PM
:lolflag: thanks for this thread; I needed a good laugh ;)

aysiu
November 24th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Another "not ready for the desktop" thread?

Well, I've moved this to recurring discussions.

If people want to offer help to judahbenel, the thread you're viewing is not the place to do it. Offer help in judahbenel's support thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=613119).

HermanAB
November 24th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Using the wrong distribution can be rather stressful.

If a Linux distro gives you grey hair, then you have to shop around and try a few others before you give up. The difference between distros lies in the install and configuration wizards. Chances are that one of the others (Mandriva, Fedora, Suse, Mepis...) will install and run perfectly on your hardware.

aysiu
November 24th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Using the wrong distribution can be rather stressful. Using the wrong network card can be rather stressful, too.

kelbizzle
November 24th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Using the wrong network card can be rather stressful, too.

Nahhh not really when your manufacturer makes a linux driver for it.
http://www.trendnet.com/asp/download_manager/list_subcategory.asp?SUBTYPE_ID=245&SUBMIT=Go#:lolflag:

TeaSwigger
November 24th, 2007, 09:41 PM

And I'm sure the global uber-mega-corporation MicroSoft appreciates your business. :)

aysiu
November 25th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Nahhh not really when your manufacturer makes a linux driver for it.
http://www.trendnet.com/asp/download_manager/list_subcategory.asp?SUBTYPE_ID=245&SUBMIT=Go#:lolflag:
If you get an Intel Pro Wireless 2200, I didn't need to install a separate driver. It just worked.

Saint Angeles
November 25th, 2007, 12:34 AM
im sick of my computer being extremely customizable, fast, and full of eye candy. i'm sick of applications running when i click them and i'm sick of the complete lack of BSOD.

i'm totally fed up with the support for this product and i'm REALLY pissed that its free.

any suggestions?

happysmileman
November 25th, 2007, 04:11 AM
im sick of my computer being extremely customizable, fast, and full of eye candy. i'm sick of applications running when i click them and i'm sick of the complete lack of BSOD.

i'm totally fed up with the support for this product and i'm REALLY pissed that its free.

any suggestions?

Vista Ultimate.

judahbenel
November 25th, 2007, 04:19 AM
Thanks guys... 4 the reply...I see it took to write out my frustration to get a reply...3 weeks into xubuntu...I have been to trendenet...still cant install driver...terminal doesn't recognize many of the commands that are posted....I have Ubuntu on other machines...not pleased with the performance ...7.10...but will continue to try to figure it out...Xubuntu whole different ball game...I believe this is the future but still needs much more work for guys like me...Friends think I'm nuts wasting time on this...almost would agree...????

Cheers and thanks for the advice

kopinux
November 25th, 2007, 04:31 AM
linux compatible network card is really cheap nowadays.

vista ready desktop is not.