PDA

View Full Version : ASP syntax Highlight for BlueFish

Svalde
November 19th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Hey,

I have looked for a long time for a "guide" on how to make Bluefish "syntax highlight capable" with ASP, I finally found it the other day but I can't get it to work.

Link to the code: Link (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.bluefish.user/152)

I have tried to add the "code" to the highlight.default file in the /share/bluefish dir. but nothing happens. :confused:

I would really appreciate it if any one could help.

Thanks i advance,
Anders.

Svalde
November 25th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Please

litemotiv
February 20th, 2008, 01:18 PM
this reply is way overdue, but just in case someone is still looking for it:

add this to the bottom of the ~/.bluefish/highlighting file:

patterns: asp:Numbers:0:\\-?([0-9]*\\.)?[0-9]+::2:^ASP Block$:#330099::2:1:
patterns: asp:Operators:1:[\\+\\-\\*\\/\\.\\\\,<>=\\(\\)_]+::2:^ASP Block$:blue::1:1:
patterns: asp:Variables:1:[a-z_][a-z0-9]*::2:^ASP Block$:#cc0000::1:0:
patterns: asp:Comment (single line):0:'.*?$::2:^ASP Block$:#7777aa::1:2:
patterns: asp:String (double quoted):0:":":1:^ASP Block$:green::1:1:
patterns: asp:String (double quote escaped):0:""::3:^String \\(double quoted\\)$:::1:1:
patterns: asp:Flow Control:1:\\b(if|and|or|then|else|elseif|case|sele ct|while|until|wend|do|loop|for|to|step|next|end|e ach|in)\\b::2:^ASP Block$:#000000::2:0:
patterns: asp:Keywords:1:\\b(session|server|request|response |dim|redim|end|sub|function|set|nothing|not|true|f alse)\\b::2:^ASP Block$:#000000::2:0:
patterns: asp:String (SQL Functions):1:\\b(MATCH|AGAINST|ASCII|CHAR|SOUNDEX| MAX|MIN|MD5|LCASE|UCASE|PASSWORD|ENCRYPT|RAND|LAST _INSERT_ID|COUNT|AVG|SUM|NOW|CURDATE|CURDATE|FROM_ DAYS|FROM_UNIXTIME|PERIOD_ADD|PERIOD_DIFF|TO_DAYS| UNIX_TIMESTAMP|USER|WEEKDAY|CONCAT|DATE_(FORMAT|AD D|SUB))\\b\\(:\\):1:^String \\(double quoted\\)$:#999966::2:1:
patterns: asp:String (SQL Keywords):1:\\b(SELECT|INSERT|UPDATE|DELETE|DROP|G ROUP BY|FROM|IN|INTO|ON|AS|AND|NOT|OR|NULL|SET|VALUES|W HERE|ORDER BY|LIMIT|LEFT|RIGHT|FULL|INNER|OUTER|JOIN|ASC|DESC |AND|OR)\\b::2:^String \\(double quoted\\)$:green:yellow:2:1:
patterns: asp:ASP Block:1:<%:%>:1:^(top|HTML|HTML Attribute Contents)$:#0000FF::0:0:
patterns: asp:Comment:0:<!--:-->:1::#aaaaaa::1:2:
patterns: asp:HTML Entities:1:&[^; ]*;::2::#999999::2:0:
patterns: asp:HTML DocType:1:<![a-z0-9]+:[^?-]>:1::#bb8800::1:1:
patterns: asp:HTML Attribute Contents:1:2::3:^HTML Attributes$:#cc0000::0:0:
patterns: asp:HTML Attributes:1:((?\:xml\:)?[a-z][a-z-]*=)[ \\n\\t]*((?\:"[^"]+")|(?\:'[^']+'))::2:^HTML$:#660099::0:0:
patterns: asp:<html> Tags:1:1::3:^HTML$:#000066::2:0:
patterns: asp:HTML:1:<(/?[a-z][a-z0-9]*):>:1::#0000ee::0:0:

and add this line to the ~/.bluefish/rcfile_v2 file:

filetypes: asp:.asp:::1::0:

larsdk
February 22nd, 2008, 06:04 PM
I needed it - this will make the maintaining of my ASP sites so much more doable. Very, very, very appreciated :)

Svalde
February 26th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Better late then never! :)
Thank's alot!

/Anders

danstever
March 20th, 2008, 03:19 AM
I've got a question relating to the file... where is it?
Is it in /usr/share/bluefish?
And is it the highlighting.default?
If so, I am also assuming that when adding the content the "pattern" part is to be omitted.
Second, if the files are in this directory, I do not have the "rcfile_v2." Should I create this?

Any help to these questions would be greatly appreciated. I just recently made the switch and am trying to go completely to Ubuntu. The only thing holding me back has been the web development.

Thanks everyone!

Svalde
March 23rd, 2008, 01:40 AM
Hi,

open your home folder and find the folder called .bluefish if you can't see it try pressing CTRL+H.

Here you'll find the highlighting and rcfile_v2.

I hope this was of any use,

/Anders. :)

danstever
March 25th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Hey thanks Svlade! That's exactly what I needed to know! AND, I finally realized what "./" means!

MiniMe
May 9th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Sweet! I've been looking for something like this for ages.

run4flat
July 22nd, 2008, 05:12 PM
This is great! Works perfectly! Why can't I issue a thanks for this? Seriously ubuntuforums, litemotiv deserves it!

nanotube
July 22nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
This is great! Works perfectly! Why can't I issue a thanks for this? Seriously ubuntuforums, litemotiv deserves it!

the "thanks" feature was only implemented a few months ago - and i suppose it doesn't work on any posts made prior to that.