PDA

View Full Version : What should i learn next?

Mr.popo
November 16th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Hey, please can i have advice. I am near to the end of programming just text based .py programs. What would you suggest to learn next in python programming. Network programming, Game programming, Gui programming etc....

pt123
November 16th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Gui

Mr.popo
November 16th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Gui

which gui library thing?

edit: Which gui toll should i use. tnnker easy gu
thanks

LaRoza
November 16th, 2007, 01:28 PM
For GUI, I would use wxWidgets. My wiki has references for various GUI toolkits.

I would recommend spending more time exploring the Python language and its standard libraries, instead of moving on. If you didn't know the str() function, you are not quite ready to step outside of the standard Python libraries.

smartbei
November 16th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Indeed. Perhaps you should take a look at sites such as projecteuler.net or the Python Challenge (search google) - both have a set of problems that can be solved using Python. They do have different goals though - the Python Challenge will do a lot more for teaching about the various libraries included with Python. Project Euler will require some, but not as many - mostly numpy, bisect and probably one or two more that are of some use algorithmically.

Mr.popo
November 16th, 2007, 01:49 PM
For GUI, I would use wxWidgets. My wiki has references for various GUI toolkits.

I would recommend spending more time exploring the Python language and its standard libraries, instead of moving on. If you didn't know the str() function, you are not quite ready to step outside of the standard Python libraries.

lol .you remember
ok thanks

pmasiar
November 16th, 2007, 02:19 PM
What would you suggest to learn next in python programming. Network programming, Game programming, Gui programming etc....

... you forgot to mention other possibilities: web applications, databases, scientific programming, image manipulation....

I don't believe anyone can give you answer (and if they do, it is meaningless - it might be good match for **their** interests but not necessarily for yours). Right answer **for you** depends where **your** interests are, what will be your third step.

Games are fun (to keep you interested) and Pygame is nice library. To get job as programmer, SQL databases are good to know, and different enough (SQL is very different language) to get you deeper understanding of programming.

Mr.popo
November 16th, 2007, 02:21 PM
aaaaaa too much :(
how would i be able to learn and remeber them.

Kadrus
November 16th, 2007, 03:19 PM
aaaaaa too much :(
how would i be able to learn and remeber them.
It depends on what do you want to do..I don't think anyone can give you an answer..they are just telling you what they would do..Each person has it's own taste and it's own opinion...so no one can choose for you..