PDA

View Full Version : Subversion help

aquavitae
November 12th, 2007, 11:57 AM
I've never used a vcs before so I don't really have any idea what I'm doing. What I'm trying to do is to set up a project on google code. I've created the project on the google code website and now I'm trying to add existing code to it using pysvn in eric4.

Can anyone tell me how to do this? I've tried experimenting with some of the menu options under 'project' but I'm not getting anywhere.

pmasiar
November 12th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Not sure about Eric - I use pysvn workbench client.
What you need to do is to "checkout" empty project into some directory, copy your files there, tell svn you want to track them, and commit them.

RedBeans has excellent book about using SVN, with good guide to everyday tasks.

geirha
November 12th, 2007, 04:39 PM
I would highly recommend reading at least chapter two of the svn book at http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

It should give you a basic understanding of subversion, and using any subversion client after that should be like a walk in the park.

aquavitae
November 13th, 2007, 06:11 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'll give the pysvn workbench a try. I actually found the red-bean book through google a couple of hours after my post, I'm reading it right now. Its really good!

melopsittacus
January 2nd, 2008, 08:05 PM
Hi!

I was checking out a very large project and as I had no time left, I closed the SVN client (I am using RapidSVN), so not everything got downloaded.
Now I would like to download the remaining files but when I use the update command it aborts because the working copy is locked. I tried unlocking the working copy with
svn cleanup, but it says that a specific file is not under version control.
I tried to delete this file, but it does not exist, so this must mean that it is registered in the .svn file of the local copy, but has not been downloaded yet.

Is there a way of downloading the remaining source code without having to wipe what I have already downloaded and starting over again?