PDA

View Full Version : Redirected and Locked post.

vhunterd
November 10th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Hello, I had a question that was recently locked and removed. I will provide a link.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=476117&highlight=thinkgeek+man+woman

I was not quite sure why the post was removed so I had asked for an explanation. I will provide the response to the explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhunterd
I'm not quite sure I understand. I didn't create the thread to offend anyone, I was actually curious to know the answer. I was assuming that because someone had asked a question about the same shirt (from which I derived the question from, in the same forum {link below}, that it wouldn't be considered offensive. I realize that the joke is real, I'd be happy to delete it if anyone was offended
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...geek+man+woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapoumba
Hi vhunterd,

The following thread that you created has been moved

-----
Thread: Is there EVER going to be a manuel page for woman?
Original Forum: Community Cafe
New Forum: The Backyard
-----

This is an automated message, please don't hesitate to reply if you have any questions.

Regards,
The Forum Management
Hello vhunterd,

look how the thread evolved. The list of "funny" commands is derogatory.
Do you belong to any particular group of humans? I mean regarding ethnics, religions, nationalities? Replace woman in every command given in the thread with something you can relate to, and see how funny it is.

The other thread you are linking was regarding the tee shirts (and I had missed it), not if there will ever be a manual entry for women. Ubuntu is for all, women included. The least we/you can do is have everyone feel welcome on UF.

There are many other places on the internet you can take this discussion, if you feel there is anything to be discussed. I have asked for a staff evaluation. Feel free to take it to the Resolution Center in case you to dot think I was fair.

Regards,
bapoumba.

So, if my understanding is correct, it was removed because bapoumba has thought it was sexist, however, it was not intended as such, in fact, there are similar posts of which are still on the forums.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=476117&highlight=thinkgeek+man+woman

Regards the shirt of which I had derived the question from.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=338113&highlight=thinkgeek+man+woman

Actually uses the joke in the exact context, which is explicitly stated at the bottom, "but when I type "man woman" I get: No manual entry for woman...I know this was a stupid joke. SORRY".

I'm writing this, because, I felt the judgment unfair based on the fact that I did not write the thread to be offensive to anyone (and I would have gladly removed it if anyone had felt offended) but rather because I was curious about the actual question that I had asked. I also feel that the judgment is unfair because other users use the same joke, but moderators apparently felt that it wasn’t against the terms of service.

As I did not join this forum to offend anyone, from section 1 in the code of conduct, “If you are unable to agree you have the right not to participate in forum discussions at any time”, I disagree with this judgment, and I would like directions on how to discontinue my membership, and relinquish my account name.

Thank you for your time.

vhunterd
November 10th, 2007, 08:51 PM
"Hello, I had a question that was recently locked and removed. I will provide a link." -

Sorry the post was just moved and locked, not removed.

vhunterd
November 11th, 2007, 12:02 AM
To make things clear, as stated in the FAQ

"Will you delete my account for me?

We are sorry to say that account deletions are no longer possible. If you wish for your account to become inactive we recommend you contact an administrator who can remove your email address from the account and change the password to make the account permanently inaccessible. Account deletions that have occurred in the past have made all of those users' posts belong to "unknown" and have made it impossible to track issues. There will be no exceptions to this policy. "

I am requesting the my account become inactive, I no longer wish to be a part of these forums. I will not be signing in anymore, but I don't want to have my e-mail address associated with anything from this site anymore. Thank you for your time.

Technoviking
November 11th, 2007, 01:43 AM
We do not remove accounts for various reason, but you may change your listed email address yourself.