PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] A little clarification

PmDematagoda
November 5th, 2007, 02:25 PM
I have a small clarification concerning the PM Artificial Intelligence sent me 20 hours ago. I got a PM saying that one of my posts was moved concerning the thread entitled :-

o the spam it hurts it huuurtts!

I would just like to know if my post was moved on the grounds of being provocative or inconsiderate or if it was due to a problem with the entire thread itself. As I said before, this is only a clarification and I would just like to know why I got this PM.

matthew
November 5th, 2007, 04:59 PM
A pm is sent automatically whenever a post is moved. I haven't had a chance to look for the post in question, but if you had replied to a spam post and the whole thread was removed, then you didn't do anything wrong...there just wasn't any reason to leave the reply.

I can look to confirm that for you later when I am not at work, if you like, but my first guess is that this is what happened.

PmDematagoda
November 5th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Yes, I would really appreciate it if you could you look into it matthew. And just for Artificial Intelligence, I'm not accusing him of anything, in case I did arouse any suspicion.

matthew
November 5th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I found it. You didn't do anything wrong. The original poster in that thread posted the same link multiple times...it is our opinion that he was using a clever disguise for his spam, pretending to be a user that needed assistance, when really he just wanted people to click on his link.

Thanks for being a consistent helper around the forums...sorry for any confusion. Your post was included in the jail with that user's posts solely because it wouldn't have made any sense by itself. Again, you did nothing wrong, jailing the post was only done to keep the forums looking clean and pretty. :)

PmDematagoda
November 6th, 2007, 01:48 AM
It seems that I will have to be more vigilant when it concerns spam, but no matter. Thank you for all your help matthew, and for your time.