PDA

View Full Version : LyX 1.5.2 on Gusty 7.10 64 bit

jamieno10
November 5th, 2007, 03:43 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if there is LyX 1.5.2 in the ubuntu repos for 7.10 64 bit?

Or if anyone has installed it and might be willing to provide tips on install etc (really appreciated!!).

I heard about some problems about slow scrolling speed especially with nvidia cards. Has this been solved in 1.5.2?

Thanks guys!!

kleeman
November 6th, 2007, 11:21 PM
You are in luck pick them up from here:

http://www.math.nyu.edu/faculty/kleeman/amd64/

There are two debs (lyx and lyx-common). They should be high quality too as they have all dependencies installed (.e. they were produced with proper packaging protocols not checkinstalled).

Not sure about your issue but I did notice that scrolling was better on my system (than 1.5.1) that has a nvidia card.

KiwiDalang
December 3rd, 2007, 12:52 AM
Thanks so much for this! I didn't find 1.5.1 too bad until I was trying to run it in one screen with R output in the other and it REALLY slowed down.

zenkaon
December 3rd, 2007, 04:00 PM
I used to use LyX all the time, but then one brave day I took the plunge and used LaTeX directly. Bit of a learning curve, but no more than for LyX. LaTeX is also much simpler than say C++. I now find LaTeX easier than LyX, and equations a lot faster to enter.

Go on, be bold, load up KDevelop and try using LaTeX directly. You'll be far more satisfied with yourself....

...good luck writing up whatever it is your writing.