PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Ohio And Ubuntu

StitchJAcket
November 4th, 2007, 06:07 PM
I live in Northwest Ohio. I am fairly new to this LoCo team however I had an idea and would like to get some opinions on it. Where I live is pretty close to BGSU. I was thinking that if we had some kind of introduction to the benefits of Ubuntu (which there are many) it would be a good way to get Ubuntu out to the community. I think that hosting some sort of convention would be a great idea but we would need a few people to host it. I would be more than willing to pay for the center and advertisement. I think this would be a great way to get this town into the future and get them to start using Ubuntu. Honestly the transition isn't that hard and we could even offer to walk them through the initial setup. Like I said this is just an idea for now but it could very well happen in the not so distant future.

Vorian
November 4th, 2007, 11:19 PM
An installfest would be a great way of making an event "Ubuntu" specific.

Anyways, welcome to the team!

StitchJAcket
November 11th, 2007, 08:22 PM
That's kind of the idea i was getting at bring your laptop desktop whatever into this convention and you get Ubuntu installed for free plus one on one help with using applications like the compiz and such

TheIdiotThatIsMe
November 13th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Sounds like a good idea, it might be hard to get a team together out there near BGSU (I think most of the Loco is in central though, so most are much closer than myself). You can also try signing up for the Ohio LoCo mailing list and send an email to see if anyone is interested.

:popcorn:

redfox
November 14th, 2007, 03:20 AM
I'm from BGSU. I think it would be cool to have a 'Buntu fest around here. We could probably find a tech student organization that would provide a room on campus (it's a free service). Besides that, I know several people who would probably be interested in joining up to help.

_Phineas_
January 26th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Great Idea I would Recommend Edubuntu 8.04 Hardy when it comes out.