PDA

View Full Version : PCspim installation on ubuntu 7.10

nima352000
November 1st, 2007, 09:50 AM
hi , i have problem installing pcspim on ubuntu 7.10 , im taking this digital system class and i have to do some assembly programming and they use PC-spim , i have pc spim on my windows ( dual booting with ubuntu) i was wondering to see if i can have pcspim on ubuntu as well ! if so how can i install it ? i am new to linux and i dont know how to install software on linux :| there is no .exe file in the packages :(

jorge.py
November 9th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Hi!!.. you can install the windows version of PCSpim in Ubuntu with wine.

Follow this steps in terminal:

1. Install Wine

sudo apt-get install wine

2. Download http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~larus/SPIM/pcspim_src.zip and put in your home directory, them:

unzip pcspim.zip

3. Install with wine:

cd Release
msiexec /i Setup.msi

If the instalation was ok, you must have a icon in your Desktop..

I hope this help you..

nima352000
November 11th, 2007, 09:55 AM
unzip: cannot find or open pcspim.zip, pcspim.zip.zip or pcspim.zip.ZIP.
any time i try to install any program i get a following error

jorge.py
December 3rd, 2007, 09:47 PM
make sure that you are in the right directory when unzip, or use the complete path of the file, for example:

unzip /home/youruser/pcspim.zip

nima352000
December 6th, 2007, 01:59 AM
well i was able to unzip it but it gave me a error while installation , i kind of give up on this thing . semester is over and i had to use pcspim with Windows :)

iceninja86
September 4th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Thank you so much for your instruction on how to make PCSpim work on wine. I tried installing Xspim but it wasn't that good. I almost gave up installing it into wine until i found this thread. Finally I don't have to switch to windows to use PCSpim. Again Thankyou :)

jijacob
October 23rd, 2008, 09:37 PM
spim 7.1 is currently in the multiverse repositories. So once you have them enabled, simply type:

sudo apt-get update

and then

sudo apt-get install spim

No need to compile, run in wine, or any of that nonsense.

jlucasps
April 10th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks jijacob,

it's works fine.