PDA

View Full Version : MythMusic is not very intuitive...

tisse
October 31st, 2007, 09:37 AM
I have tried MythTV now and again and I think it's a great piece of software if it wasn't for mythmusic! It is very un-intuitive where you have to create playlists to listen to an album. You only want to press "play" and the currently selected album should play. Have I missed something? Is it possible to setup mythmusic so that I can skip playlists??? Or does it exists an alternate music plugin to MythTV?

Would really like to install mythtv-fronted again because I run it as a backend on my server but still using Windows Mediaportal as a frontend...

reclusivemonkey
October 31st, 2007, 10:51 AM
I'm guessing the developers of MythTV don't listen to much music...

You could always use one of the many different music players for Linux.

tisse
October 31st, 2007, 11:29 AM
You're maybe right :-)

A seperate application for music is not really an option for me as I run a media-computer that is connected to the TV. So i would like to have a complete application that I can run from my remote. An application that handles TV, Music, Movies, Radio... At the moment I run Windows Mediaportal (my only computer that still runs windows)

reclusivemonkey
October 31st, 2007, 01:14 PM
You're maybe right :-)

A seperate application for music is not really an option for me as I run a media-computer that is connected to the TV. So i would like to have a complete application that I can run from my remote. An application that handles TV, Music, Movies, Radio... At the moment I run Windows Mediaportal (my only computer that still runs windows)

I guess that depends on your remote. I can't get mine working with LIRC, but there is a "switch applications" button (i.e. ALT+TAB), along with a "close app" button so in theory I can start any app to play my music and then close it when done. There are plenty music programs with support for LIRC.

tisse
October 31st, 2007, 01:25 PM
I see what you mean, but it has to be "girlfriend-friendly"l... and the "wow" factor has to be taken into account as well ;-)
The TV I run my current htpc-setup on does only support 640x480 so I can't have a "complicated" music-program.

I probably keep looking for an alternative solution, perhaps I will try Elisa or Freevo again.

Thanks for the help!