PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Myth database configuration always shows up

barcesat
October 29th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Hi,

i installed mythbuntu ok and the frontend strted and i began configure it without any problems until i pressed something (probably) and now i can't open myth backend setup or the frontend without seeing the screen to configure the database.

I can't get past it!

what have i might done? and what should i do?

thanks in advance,

ziv

p.s
i've started to translate mythbuntu to hebrew - cause it's really really good :)

faffaz
October 29th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Check if the mythtv password for mysql is the same, if not this can i happen. In that case you will need to reset myql root password!

drarmi
October 29th, 2007, 11:59 PM
strange ... I got the same problem. It happened just now. I have been running mythbuntu without any problems since it was release. I did nothing it just stopped working. The box forze up and when i rebooted it I got this problem.

drarmi
October 30th, 2007, 12:57 AM
strange ... I got the same problem. It happened just now. I have been running mythbuntu without any problems since it was release. I did nothing it just stopped working. The box forze up and when i rebooted it I got this problem.

I played around for a bit ...
the error I got was "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)"

At the end I tried to free space on the harddrive ... and now it works

barcesat
November 2nd, 2007, 10:24 AM
I solved it thanks to you guys!

i installed phpmyadmin and logged on into it using the root username and my password (which i defined earlier).
http://localhost/phpmyadmin/
then i went to Privileges and chose to edit mythbuntu username.
i resetted its password through a form there and saved.

It worked :)

laga
November 3rd, 2007, 12:20 PM

I'd recommend that you tell the rest of the system that password, too. Run sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-common and enter it there.

amr2205
November 5th, 2007, 02:49 AM
I solved it thanks to you guys!

i installed phpmyadmin and logged on into it using the root username and my password (which i defined earlier).
http://localhost/phpmyadmin/

It worked :)

Thanks, it works for me too! \\:D/