PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress 2.3 database related problem

Zelut
October 24th, 2007, 09:03 PM
disclaimer: this question is not ubuntu related but since we've got the best and brightest minds here I thought I'd give it a try. Also, yes I have googled this to no end and asked on the WP forums (which are crap in comparison).

I updated my blog to WP 2.3 last month, which I have regretted since. I have database errors on all of my blogs and I can not figure out why.

An example error when I add a link to my blogroll:

WordPress database error: [Duplicate entry '47' for key 1]
INSERT INTO wp_term_relationships (object_id, term_taxonomy_id) VALUES ('47', '21')

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ubuntutu/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:160) in /home/ubuntutu/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 390

Yes, all plugins are deactivated.

I even tried a force upgrade again to maybe coax the database into submission. I got this error and then it said it was done:

WordPress database error: [Multiple primary key defined]
ALTER TABLE wp_term_relationships ADD PRIMARY KEY (object_id,term_taxonomy_id)

WordPress database error: [Table 'ubuntutu_wrdp1.wp_categories' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM wp_categories ORDER BY cat_ID

WordPress database error: [Table 'ubuntutu_wrdp1.wp_post2cat' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM wp_post2cat

WordPress database error: [Table 'ubuntutu_wrdp1.wp_link2cat' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM wp_link2cat

if anyone has any ideas on how I can fix this I would *really* appreciate it.

October 24th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Try to run the following query:

SELECT object_id,COUNT(*) AS c FROM wp_term_relationships GROUP BY object_id ORDER BY c DESC

Haven't tested the query, but what it should produce is some object_id's with a value besides it. From the look of the error messages you have a table where more tuples have the same primary key. If you see any object_id's with a c-value higher than 1, it's not good. You then need to manually change one of the tuples to the next available object_id

Also, it seems that you don't have a table called wp_categories, wp_post2cat, and wp_link2cat. I'd advice you to install phpMyAdmin and check that out. If the tables are indeed missing, find the structure of the tables somewhere, and create the tables again.

nixternal
October 24th, 2007, 11:54 PM
WordPress database error: [Table 'ubuntutu_wrdp1.wp_categories' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM wp_categories ORDER BY cat_ID

fix in theme files -> s/categories/term

WordPress database error: [Table 'ubuntutu_wrdp1.wp_post2cat' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM wp_post2cat

fix in theme files -> s/post2cat/post2term

WordPress database error: [Table 'ubuntutu_wrdp1.wp_link2cat' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM wp_link2cat

fix in theme files -> s/link2cat/link2term