PDA

View Full Version : Pelles C Compiler in Wine

xboxbman
October 24th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Is it possible to run the Pelles C compiler through wine? I like to use gcc in the command line, but my programming prof says any code we submit must be able to compile in Pelles. I foolishly assumed that C libraries were universal regardless of the OS, then ended up getting 20% on a simple program when it wouldn't compile on Pelles because I used M_PI. Apparently, Pelles doesn't recognize M_PI as being pre-defined in the math.h library. So, now I need to test all my progs in Pelles before I submit them.

hecato
October 24th, 2007, 05:25 PM
There more easy way is to try it ;) (like I know there are times when a new wine version don't let run a program that run in a prior version).

But I remember that I installed via wine, pelles, also DevCpp IIRC (also for other programs, try it, or search if there exist a "work around"), I also remember installing a program called LT Spice or some like that (not related much with programming, thus try to install, and try to run it that is the more secure way ;)).

xboxbman
October 25th, 2007, 10:54 PM
i got it working pretty easily. Except that when you hit the execute button in pelles, it doesn't. But not biggy, cause I can just run the program through wine after it's compiled.