PDA

View Full Version : challenge to warning and movement of post to the jail.

JLB
October 24th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Dear Sirs or Madams,

In reference to: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=3617624

I find Sef's action of jailing the above post and the issuance of a warning excessive. Reason given was "insulted other member". There is no insult here. After review of the CoC , I see no basis for Sef's (re)action either. My post reflects my "giving up" so as not to deal with another forum member's badgering.
I ask that you review the post and reinstate it to its parent thread. I also ask that you reverse the actions taken. I'd be happy to edit the post if asked. Thank you for your time and the job you do.

Kind regards,

JLB

KiwiNZ
October 24th, 2007, 09:19 PM
I will have a look at this and get back to you soonest

KiwiNZ
October 24th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Because its been moved it is hard to determine the reason for the post.
Can I ask that you tell me to whom you were responding and where in the thread was your post originally.

Thanks

JLB
October 24th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks Mike,
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=580638
THREAD: It Begins....14 yr old is now....
The jailed post would have been on or about #54 in response to LaRoza's post #53.
Response was to username LaRoza. This all came about with my initial post #42.

Kind regards,

JL

KiwiNZ
October 25th, 2007, 02:00 AM
I do not have an big issue with this ,I also do not see too much wrong with the post. Off topic maybe , but not really fracturing any rules.

I am leaning towards reversing the warning and returning the post. But before doing so I would like to hear Sefs view on this .

Sef although only Admins /Forum council should post here , can you pop a note here with your point of view.

JLB
October 25th, 2007, 05:19 AM
I do not have an big issue with this ,I also do not see too much wrong with the post. Off topic maybe , but not really fracturing any rules.

I am leaning towards reversing the warning and returning the post. But before doing so I would like to hear Sefs view on this .

Sef although only Admins /Forum council should post here , can you pop a note here with your point of view.

Thank you. I appreciate your time and attention.

Sef
October 25th, 2007, 07:36 AM
It had upset LaRoza, so I took a look at it. I felt it was borderline, so I only gave a warning. If you want to remove the warning and unjail it that would be fine with me.

JLB
October 25th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Mike,
Since it appears LaRoza was upset, how about we compromise?
Reverse the infraction, delete it from the jail and leave the post out of the parent thread. This way we all win. What say you?

Sef,
No ill will here. Thanks for doing what you do. I've been in your shoes as admin/moderator.

KiwiNZ
October 25th, 2007, 07:34 PM
I have done as you suggested JLB .

Thanks all

JLB
October 25th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Thank you.

Kind regards,

JL