PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Channels

eevargas
October 24th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Can Mythbuntu record from multiple channel at the same time. I mean record more than one "programs" at a time. I need to record/monitor various TV shows from deferents channels at a time with a single machine. And if it can which Card does your recommend for Linux with multiple input channels.

I will appreciate any help.
Thank!

E.Vargas

tgm4883
October 24th, 2007, 04:41 AM
Mythbuntu will record as many shows as you have tuners. For standard def, a PVR-500 is good, hardware encoding and dual tuner. I'm not so sure about watching multiple shows at the same time unless you had seperate frontend units.

What is the desired purpose of the system?

eevargas
October 24th, 2007, 05:12 AM
I'm an IT consultant and i have a client that monitor/record radios programs (It is a windows solution, already there when i start working for him), and he want to do the same with TV shows. His clients are public figures (mainly politicians) that want to know when they breaks into the news and have access to what was said. I need to record a few TV News and shows at the same time. They are looking for a solution, and I want to know if I can introduce him to Linux with this one. That's the whole story!

tgm4883
October 24th, 2007, 05:33 AM
hmm. Well like I said, you can record as many shows (news programs) that you want. Then they will be in a nice list for you when your ready to watch them.

Take a look though our screenshots at mythbuntu.org That may help you visualize what you are trying to say.

Sounds like you just need standard definition, so a PVR-500 is probably the ideal solution for you (well, that would get you 2 tuners, so if you wanted to record 4 shows at once, you would need 2 PVR-500's)

eevargas
October 24th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I'm donwloading Mythbuntu and i will test it with a TV card that i have. I don't know if i can convince them to go Opensource, but at least I have a solution for them.

Thankyou very much!