PDA

View Full Version : Was this poll closed because of it's result?

Wynne G Oldman
October 21st, 2007, 11:20 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=580105

I don't want to ask for trouble, but aren't forums a place where people are supposed to be able to voice their opinions? I hope this poll wasn't closed because the moderator didn't like the result. I apologise if this isn't the case, and humbly await a credible explanation.

matthew
October 22nd, 2007, 09:43 AM
It was closed for two reasons.

1. This topic has been discussed over and over and over and over and over and over ad nauseum. People with a real interest in participating in the process of choosing new artwork for Hardy were given good links to enable them to learn how. Everything else is just talk.

2. Some users in the thread decided to be grumpy and call each other names and turn the previously decent discussion into a descending spiral of ugliness.

Number 2 is the real reason the thread was closed, although it was influenced by #1. If #1 had not been true, the offending posts would most likely have been removed and the thread allowed to continue. As it is, this topic comes up so frequently that doing all that work wasn't worth the time and effort necessary.

Wynne G Oldman
October 22nd, 2007, 09:47 AM
It was closed for two reasons.

1. This topic has been discussed over and over and over and over and over and over ad nauseum. People with a real interest in participating in the process of choosing new artwork for Hardy were given good links to enable them to learn how. Everything else is just talk.

2. Some users in the thread decided to be grumpy and call each other names and turn the previously decent discussion into a descending spiral of ugliness.

Number 2 is the real reason the thread was closed, although it was influenced by #1. If #1 had not been true, the offending posts would most likely have been removed and the thread allowed to continue. As it is, this topic comes up so frequently that doing all that work wasn't worth the time and effort necessary.Thank you for your explanation. Fair comment.

matthew
October 22nd, 2007, 09:53 AM
You're welcome.