PDA

View Full Version : Red / black / gray theme?

Garyu
October 20th, 2007, 07:20 PM
I've meddled around with the settings in GG and finally came up with something that I kind of like... Usually I just go with the original settings, but this was more fun to look at right now I think.

Thing is, it's very difficult to find good red/black/gray themes, so I had to put this together myself. First I installed Emerald and the "Vista" orange theme, which I modified a bit. Then I used the GM-Looks GTK2+ controls, the Cherry Soda icon set and the Peace wallpaper which I found in the repositories. In Firefox I installed the Cylence - Red variation icon theme as well.

But as you can see from the enclosed screenshot, there are still blue icons in Nautilus. I would like to make a more unified look to everything. It is mostly icons here and there that bother me, but the general theme is far from perfect either.

So, does anyone have any tips on these kind of themes I could try out?

smartboyathome
October 20th, 2007, 10:04 PM
try taking icons you like from one theme and putting them in the one you are using. Those icons are like that because your current icon theme doesn't include those icons, so it falls back on the standard GNOME theme. Alternatively, you can edit the icon's .desktop file (easier to fill in gaps, btw) using the link for theming in my sig, and set another icon set that is red as a fall back. This would fill in the gaps.

shanedp
October 24th, 2007, 04:18 AM
I want your theme!!!

Paul820
October 24th, 2007, 04:21 AM
I like it!!! Did you do the walpaper?

tgalati4
October 24th, 2007, 04:59 AM
Reminds me of my school colors.

Garyu
October 26th, 2007, 04:08 PM
I like it!!! Did you do the walpaper?

No, as I said in my original post it is from the official repositories. Possibly multiverse/universe ones. There's a whole theme called "Peace" there. Also one called "Tropical" which is quite nice.

Crafty Kisses
October 28th, 2007, 05:25 AM
I've meddled around with the settings in GG and finally came up with something that I kind of like... Usually I just go with the original settings, but this was more fun to look at right now I think.

Thing is, it's very difficult to find good red/black/gray themes, so I had to put this together myself. First I installed Emerald and the "Vista" orange theme, which I modified a bit. Then I used the GM-Looks GTK2+ controls, the Cherry Soda icon set and the Peace wallpaper which I found in the repositories. In Firefox I installed the Cylence - Red variation icon theme as well.

But as you can see from the enclosed screenshot, there are still blue icons in Nautilus. I would like to make a more unified look to everything. It is mostly icons here and there that bother me, but the general theme is far from perfect either.

So, does anyone have any tips on these kind of themes I could try out?
That looks sweet!

Crafty Kisses
October 28th, 2007, 06:32 AM
I like the wallpaper also. :KS