PDA

View Full Version : Logmein

distortedecho
October 19th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Hi,

Has anyone been able to use Logmein to access other pcs?

I'm struggling at the moment. I've used other threads about Logmein to get the java plugin working, but now I'm stuck when tryign to Remote Control.

All it says when tryign to load the traget desktop is "An Error Has Occurred"

Any ideas?

derekr44
October 19th, 2007, 09:23 PM
I've only been able to get it to work by using SSH with Hamachi or simply by using VirtualBox.

distortedecho
October 20th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks derekr44.

Care to elaborate further about what the above 2 are and do - and how they work with LMI?

trickytoad
December 5th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Hi, I m also getting the same error when i try to connect the remote pc.

FYI : i hav jre 5 in my linux box.

How can i fix it.. ???

macogw
December 5th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Try using Bomgar ( http://bomgar.com ). They advertise Linux compatibility. It's certified to work where the person doing the controlling (giving help) is on Windows or SuSE, but they say it works fine with other distros. It can be used to control Windows, Mac, Ubuntu, SuSE, and a few other distros officially (again, with "and other distros will probably work, we just don't make a habit of doing a full-certification test" type of add-on). It works like LogMeIn where it goes through the browser and port 80 so you don't have to try to explain port-forwarding to someone who's already clueless.

adam.tropics
December 5th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Try using Bomgar ( http://bomgar.com ). They advertise Linux compatibility. It's certified to work where the person doing the controlling (giving help) is on Windows or SuSE, but they say it works fine with other distros. It can be used to control Windows, Mac, Ubuntu, SuSE, and a few other distros officially (again, with "and other distros will probably work, we just don't make a habit of doing a full-certification test" type of add-on). It works like LogMeIn where it goes through the browser and port 80 so you don't have to try to explain port-forwarding to someone who's already clueless.

Did I read their page right though, after the 7days trial, it's $1988 for a single user!

macogw
December 5th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Did I read their page right though, after the 7days trial, it's $1988 for a single user!

O_O I couldn't find the part where it said how long the trial is or what happens after it ends. It looks like you get server of your own through which to route it all when you do that. Isn't tradition with LogMeIn to use a billion free trials with different email addresses anyway? I guess using it for anything more than a one-off would be a problem for anyone who's not doing professional tech support :(

adam.tropics
December 5th, 2007, 12:23 PM
...Isn't tradition with LogMeIn to use a billion free trials with different email addresses anyway? ...

True..forgot about that old chestnut! I stand corrected! :lolflag: