PDA

View Full Version : New features list

fordplay
October 17th, 2007, 10:15 AM
I maybe posting this in the wrong section, apologies if I am.

I've been look at the new features page of OSX 10.5 and thought that this is something Ubuntu should do. A clear section by section review of improvements since the last version.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/300.html

misfitpierce
October 17th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Prob should have just posted in general chat section... Has nothing to do with ubuntu let alone gutsy.

But... I do think it is a nice idea.

Mr. Dude
October 17th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Apple are <snip>. They list adding definitions of their own products as a 'feature'. They leech of the open source community and tell people that they are themselves innovative.

Officer Dibble
October 17th, 2007, 11:00 AM
So Mac OS copies Linux and then they charge for it? :mad:

Druke
October 17th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Apple are <snip>. They list adding definitions of their own products as a 'feature'. They leech of the open source community and tell people that they are themselves innovative.

Well they have to market somehow. It really isn't appropriate to say 'leech' when dealing with OSS is it?

bapoumba
October 17th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Moved to Cafe.

Tomosaur
October 17th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Well they have to market somehow. It really isn't appropriate to say 'leech' when dealing with OSS is it?

Well, it is if they don't give anything back.

However - I don't think Apple actually use GPLd code for their proprietary software, they just use ideas - which is fine as far as I'm concerned. That's what competition is - I say bring it on :P