PDA

View Full Version : Sony Vaio RM-MC1 Remote + USB IR Receiver PCVA-IR6U

govee
October 15th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I initially tried to use the MCE (USB) as the default remote since the Vaio isn't listed. a few of the buttons worked but most didnt, ie channel up down caused a replay but "ok" does do select. I could not find any info to indicate if the MC1 was made by a different vendor and remarked Sony Like with much of Sonys speakers. Is there a direct Vaio RM-MC1 is the same as "****"?

superm1
October 15th, 2007, 04:08 PM
My recommendation here is to go through and run irw

See what buttons are recognized by lircd and which ones aren't. Any buttons "not recognized", you'll need to find an improved lircd.conf to use for your remote (and file a bug :))

If the buttons are all recognized, it's a matter of modifying your ~/.lircrc and ~/.mythtv/lircrc to better reflect the mapping that you are interested in.

govee
October 28th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Ran IRW and all keys were recognized. They were all correct as well. I am trying to understand the next step.I looked in the ~/.lircrc and ~/.mythtv/lircrc and I am not sure what to change. My problem for instance is:
When channel up or down are depressed on the remote a jumping command happens, not change of channels. Looking for direction????

superm1
October 28th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Ran IRW and all keys were recognized. They were all correct as well. I am trying to understand the next step.I looked in the ~/.lircrc and ~/.mythtv/lircrc and I am not sure what to change. My problem for instance is:
When channel up or down are depressed on the remote a jumping command happens, not change of channels. Looking for direction????
Start out with the ~/.mythtv/lircrc

Open it up in a text editor and look at the different entries. Here is an example:

begin
remote = mceusb
prog = mythtv
button = Left
config = Left
repeat = 0
delay = 0
end

Here is a breakdown of the lines:

remote:the remote name as in lircd.conf
prog: the program using this remote block
button: the button as listed in lircd.conf
config: what button its mapped to in the program

govee
October 28th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I changed the ~/.mythtv/lircrc and the remote attempts to change the channel, is I see the channel selection screen at the bottom and it goes up and down with the channel buttons button it does not cause a channel change. I checked the keyboard up down and they do the same with no impact to the STB. I attempted to use the channel change script but do joy. I may be implementing the script wrong. I will do more searching for the correct use.

thanks

superm1
October 29th, 2007, 01:42 AM
I changed the ~/.mythtv/lircrc and the remote attempts to change the channel, is I see the channel selection screen at the bottom and it goes up and down with the channel buttons button it does not cause a channel change. I checked the keyboard up down and they do the same with no impact to the STB. I attempted to use the channel change script but do joy. I may be implementing the script wrong. I will do more searching for the correct use.

thanks
Start a different thread for this issue. Looks like the remote issue is taken care of though. Don't forget to file a bug with the correct lircrc and all remote info.