PDA

View Full Version : Best error ever!

Baka no Kami
October 14th, 2007, 10:52 PM
I had installed the IFS driver to read my Unbuntu partition in Vista so I could grab a few files off of it. It didn't close the filesystem properly and I got dumpped to a root prompt on the next boot with a message to run fsck manually. The best part was one of the other errors that showed up when all this happened.

"apt-get is not installed. To install apt-get type 'apt-get install apt' "

I just wanted to share.

Sef
October 14th, 2007, 10:57 PM

Wonder if that would work. ](*,)

arkara
October 14th, 2007, 10:59 PM
lol lol lol lol
man thats nice.. you know what.
windows stored some of its stupidity on ubuntu

-grubby
October 14th, 2007, 11:04 PM
](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,) I don't think you'll get very far

bruce89
October 14th, 2007, 11:21 PM
For Gutsy:

wget http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/a/apt/apt_0.7.6ubuntu13_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i apt_0.7.6ubuntu13_i386.deb

emrextreme
October 14th, 2007, 11:24 PM

....and ever. :D :D

rfruth
October 14th, 2007, 11:28 PM
One of my favorites

Sef
October 14th, 2007, 11:41 PM
I guess if you wanted to get the error message, then you did successfully complete it. ;)

Nymphadora
October 14th, 2007, 11:52 PM
One of my favorites

HAHAHAHA! Great. :lolflag:

klange
October 15th, 2007, 12:19 AM
One of my favorites

The Apache notification is one of my favorites as well.

smartboyathome
October 15th, 2007, 12:22 AM
I had installed the IFS driver to read my Unbuntu partition in Vista so I could grab a few files off of it. It didn't close the filesystem properly and I got dumpped to a root prompt on the next boot with a message to run fsck manually. The best part was one of the other errors that showed up when all this happened.

I just wanted to share.

You get this in the recovery console. You just have to type "reboot", and it will boot up as normal. Good thing I mistakenly found that out playing with fvwm-crystal. :)

Baka no Kami
October 15th, 2007, 01:29 AM
You get this in the recovery console. You just have to type "reboot", and it will boot up as normal. Good thing I mistakenly found that out playing with fvwm-crystal. :)

Oh yeah, I ran fsck and then reboot and the system was fine. I just like the error. It reminded me of "No keyboard detected. Strike F1 to continue."

And rfruth, please tell me you have a larger jpg of that error suitable for print out and framing.

popch
October 15th, 2007, 06:02 AM
One of my favorites is 'An unexpected error has occurred'.

I guess they don't bother to tell the user about the expected ones.

akiratheoni
October 15th, 2007, 06:07 AM
I had that apt-get install apt error too, I found it extremely funny :P That's great though.

Yeah, it turns out I was in the recovery console, so I just had to type in 'exit' or hit 'Ctrl-D' to proceed.