PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Installing Ubuntu (Gnome) desktop

gtr33m
October 12th, 2007, 09:55 AM
I've sucessfully installed Mythbuntu and have it up and running, but I'd like to install the Ubuntu desktop on it now to add other features.

I switched to the Ubuntu flag in the Mythbuntu settings and it downloaded and installed the packages, but when exiting MythTV, I still get the old fxce interface.

Any help on getting the right desktop?

Thanks,

Mark

superm1
October 12th, 2007, 03:14 PM
I've sucessfully installed Mythbuntu and have it up and running, but I'd like to install the Ubuntu desktop on it now to add other features.

I switched to the Ubuntu flag in the Mythbuntu settings and it downloaded and installed the packages, but when exiting MythTV, I still get the old fxce interface.

Any help on getting the right desktop?

Thanks,

Mark
Yeah, you need to change your session type. Log out and at the login screen hit the session button. Choose GNOME. It will ask you to change settings, and then hit yes.

gtr33m
October 13th, 2007, 09:53 AM
This does work, and choosing to set it as default will cause it to load gnome as default in the future.

One strange behavious is the autostart of the myth frontend has a huge delay when using the gnome frontend. I'm talking about 60 seconds. And it's not like the system is hung or doing anything else, I can browse or run several tasks and the Myth frontend just pops up after about a minute.

Thanks,

Mark