PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 08

Doyley
October 11th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Hi all,

Has anybody managed to get FIFA08 working on Ubuntu yet?
I can get up to where you enter the serial number then the window shuts and nothing happens.
Can somebody post a dummies guide if they have one?

Thanks

Naegling23
October 11th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Im not saying that it wont work, but If you look at wineHQ, the EA sports games have a poor record of working. Hopefully this will change if/when EA and apple hammer out their little deal getting the games to run flawlessly using cider (the mac version of cedega). Keep in mind that games can be run under linux using wine, but the copy protection can cause some problems.

Doyley
October 11th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks for that. I looked at wineHQ, it looks like the demo works but nothing about the full game.

tomas13
October 12th, 2007, 08:54 PM
I have just borrowed the full game from my friend. It worked perfectly (even slightly faster than on a windows machine) using wine 0.9.46. But unfortunately, when I started the game the next day, the gameplay speed went crazy - it was just way too fast (like a Charlie Chaplin film). Changing gamespeed to "slow" within the settings did not work either. So I reinstalled the game, everything was ok. But when the game is run again, it goes crazy again. I havent found any solution yet...
Any ideas?

I run kubuntu 7.04 on asus a6m, 512 ram, nvidia 6100

El_Matthews
November 14th, 2007, 04:28 PM
The game works with wine except that the texture of the ball isn't displayed correctly. With Cedega I don't have this problem.

Also my controller (logitech rumblepad) doesn't work correctly. in the menu the selection always goes up which makes it impossible to select something. Did somebody made it work with a controller?

Greetings

Matthews

guillelo11
November 14th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Hi all,

Has anybody managed to get FIFA08 working on Ubuntu yet?
I can get up to where you enter the serial number then the window shuts and nothing happens.
Can somebody post a dummies guide if they have one?

Thanks

I´ve the same problem

El_Matthews
November 21st, 2007, 01:24 PM
nobody? Am I the only one playing Fifa with a joystick? I can't imagine that.

Greetings

Matthieu

El_Matthews
November 23rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
even the joystick works now, Don't know why.

wapsi
February 12th, 2008, 11:23 PM
How did you get the joystick work? I have exactly the same problem... The up-button is always pressed down!

Eniak
May 2nd, 2008, 02:21 PM
I managed to install it with wine... but thanx to a permission mess I didn't manage to patch it... So I went to winxp and installed it.
Now when I open it with wine the emulated desktop opens and closes.

I don't play it in WinXP cuz I want the game in my secondary monitor, and WinXP is too smart for that.

If who managed to run it could post their Wine versions and what did they have to do to make it work would be great

Royal Virgo
June 22nd, 2010, 08:16 AM
I have installed it using wine. but the Crack doesnt work, it shows the cd/dvd not found error. i have so far tried cracks from 3 different sources. can anybody help me?